Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee (20th August) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee (20th August)

Admin

Join the community.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union – Inverclyde’s Credit Union since 1984. Anyone who lives or works in Inverclyde can join and save, borrow and plan for tomorrow. We provide quality, accessible, low cost financial services including affordable loans that beat banks rates and are tailored to meet your individual needs. Contact us via our website  or by phone on 01475 734655.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing some decent stuff and have most of the pressure, but Dundee look like scoring on the infrequent occasions they get into the final third. 

Crawford has looked very good so far. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Kabia now booked on top of being rubbish - time for a change. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Very happy with Crawford's energy in the middle of the park - similar to Murdoch in his first season here. Lyon should be watching closely or else he'll be playing for some turd of an outfit like 'Falkirk' soon enough.

Kabia on the other hand has been unimpressive for weeks. I'd play King in that role next week at Inverness and bring Strapp in at left back. 

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Very happy with Crawford's energy in the middle of the park - similar to Murdoch in his first season here. Lyon should be watching closely or else he'll be playing for some turd of an outfit like 'Falkirk' soon enough.

Kabia on the other hand has been unimpressive for weeks. I'd play King in that role next week at Inverness and bring Strapp in at left back. 

Good shout! Was Lyon injured?

Good performance with a few contenders for MOTM for me throughout the spine of the team and King at left back.  Thought we defended balls in to our box well all game,  while King had Mcmullan in his pocket until he started to tire around 75 mins.  Mcmullan will give far more experienced defenders in the league a torrid time this season. 

Gillespie oozed class in midfield, Crawford was excellent and Blues looked much more comfortable just being able to get on with his job with quality beside him than being asked to do things he's not got the ability to do. 

Lack of cutting edge probably cost us a win again.  Quitongo was an absolute nuisance and my MOTM probably.  Just wish his final ball was a bit better.  Hopefully we get a striker in this week thay he can play off of. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Great performance felt we had more than enough chances to win but couldn't finish our dinner even though our build up play was excellent. Crawford and Gillespie brilliant in midfield and Quitongo never gave them a minute all day. Feel like Kabia can't be arsed half the time and thinks he is better than he is. Encouraging performance but we must bring in a goalscorer ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

TonTV livestream died after 5 minutes, 14 quid down the swanny. :( 

It came back on after about 5 minutes, but had brief reboots after that until they got the fault sorted. In the second half the camera kept cutting out & in but got sorted quite quickly. When it was working, the picture was much sharper than the last stream I watched. I assume the technical glitches will be fixed before the next home game. The coverage is pretty good although some use of the zoom lens would be nice. Rushing to the airport to get the flight back from Chicago… 😂

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On the game itself, I thought we had the better of the play but we need a striker to take these chances. Defence looks solid, keeper had nothing much to do. King is a player. Jai must be a nightmare to play against. Feels like two points dropped but still only three points off the top. And three off the bottom right enough. Could be a very tight league. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived