Match Preview/Thread - Raith Rovers vs Morton (13th August) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Raith Rovers vs Morton (13th August)

Admin

5 hours ago, HamCam said:

What was different with Cove was the result. Football for me tends to involve occasionally passing to your teammates not a comment on intent. Raith were much better at it than Morton. Yes we lack quality but if you had been there you may have noted Raith also lack quality.

I find it really hard to understand why you thought Raith were so much better than us. Of course they did score one more goal than us, and that's obviously the only stat that actually matters, but on overall balance of play, I thought the two sides were pretty even. Not checked the actual game stats to confirm that, but that was certainly my feeling, even at 2-0

Fact is that both teams were poor. If that game was a true reflection on their respective qualities, I think both will struggle this season. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LargsTON said:

The lack of interest on here speaks volumes.  Fan ownership panning out as expected.  A recipe for disaster from day one.

There was a lack of interest on here long before MCT appeared.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

6 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Aye but it's gotten worse.  People are past caring.

You may be right LT but I'm more content now about the club having a future than I was 18 months ago. The first rule of business is survival, particularly during periods like this and many other clubs will be facing these challenges. I have no doubt that if the previous structure was still in place then our future was sealed.

At the moment we are close to being debt free with a secured ground so there are options that can be explored as to a future business model. MCT have been thrown in at the deep end and like all voluntary organisations will take time to bed down. I'm not going to get overly critical of people who are learning on the job, even if it means that there's little to excite on or off the park.

8 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I find it really hard to understand why you thought Raith were so much better than us. Of course they did score one more goal than us, and that's obviously the only stat that actually matters, but on overall balance of play, I thought the two sides were pretty even. Not checked the actual game stats to confirm that, but that was certainly my feeling, even at 2-0

Fact is that both teams were poor. If that game was a true reflection on their respective qualities, I think both will struggle this season. 

I agree both teams look like they will struggle this season.  My take on the game was Raith  looked comfortable aside from the first 5/10 minutes. Raith could at least pass the ball around while we were rank. They created and scored two decent goals from open play while we were reliant on dead-ball opportunities.

13 hours ago, vikingTON said:

So we didn't look to play football last week? Then how did we win and pass up several other chances to score (Cove of course also doing similar)? What was objectively different about our approach to 'playing football' at Raith - or did we just not reach the required level to create good chances in a trickier match? 

If you're going to make a judgment on the intent of the team then the result alone is an abysmal guide. That only tells you how effective the team was - which a cursory glance at the strength of the current squad would explain far better than any amount of bumping gums about whether we were 'looking to play fitba' or not.  

You seem intent on debating a subjective view so best I can suggest is you locate an old BT phone box and have an argument with yourself.

4 hours ago, HamCam said:

You seem intent on debating a subjective view so best I can suggest is you locate an old BT phone box and have an argument with yourself.

Your subjective view can't be supported by any evidence and doesn't even make any sense. If you don't like this being pointed out then you perhaps posting on a football forum isn't for you. 

Better luck next time. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 8/14/2022 at 6:19 PM, vikingTON said:

Your subjective view can't be supported by any evidence and doesn't even make any sense. If you don't like this being pointed out then you perhaps posting on a football forum isn't for you. 

Better luck next time. 

Never found a phone box then?

11 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

I respect both points of view. But to me - a team’s performance on the grass invariably has fuck all to do with who owns the club. 

Since they choose the manager and define his budget, I'd say the performance on the grass has a lot to do with who owns the club. Or in this case, performance on the plastic.

Archived