Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Cove Rangers (6th August) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Cove Rangers (6th August)

Admin

5 hours ago, gmfc_craig said:

Absolute banter though when someone form the cowshed shouted “you not got shorts that fit you?”

Logan shouts back “No I borrowed your mums” 

🤣👏

He had a bit of banter with Chris as well. I think he is a knob but appreciate a bit of back and forth thats good natured.

Said it after Bonnyrigg, I'm starting to be really turned around by Jai. He is really effective out wide.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kabia was so bad he was a 12th man for Cove rather than just not being very good like Lyon and Blues. Even if we don't make signings ahead of next week those three all need dropped: King, McGrattan and one of Garrity/McGregor for Lyon, Blues and Kabia is inarguable after those contributions.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 hours ago, Madton said:

I'll agree with this cunt that they bossed the first half but not the second.  Get it right up you ya cunt.

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Kabia was so bad he was a 12th man for Cove rather than just not being very good like Lyon and Blues. Even if we don't make signings ahead of next week those three all need dropped: King, McGrattan and one of Garrity/McGregor for Lyon, Blues and Kabia is inarguable after those contributions.

I've not been impressed by Kabia at all so far.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

I'll agree with this cunt that they bossed the first half but not the second.  Get it right up you ya cunt. 

I thought we looked OK at the start of the game too. They did have a decent spell but the ways he's going on you'd think we sneaked the points with backs to the wall defending. 

byKabia was just non existent for me when watching the game I can't say I remember him being actively terrible but happy to admit I'm wrong on that. 

Thought Blues had an underrated first half especially before we moved to 4-4-2. He was always the one who got his foot in to win balls that started counter attacks and he played a few balls over their defence for Jai to try run on to which was our game plan. 

He was comfortably the best of our three midfielders in the first half in my opinion. I felt the first half sort of passed Gillespie by but he stepped up his class in the second half and no surprise we controlled a lot more of the game. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

It's a terrific win, but if you're looking for positives in the performance it's that in such an attritional game we kept a clean sheet, and outwith the last 10-15 minutes of the first half we never really loked like conceding. Schwake was superb commanding the box but ultimately had nothing remotely difficult to do in the second half, which is testament to the defence in front of him.

Throughout the game Quitongo had once again been terrific in his workrate and positioning off the ball while being largely ineffective with it, but if he's going to have one moment and produce an exquisite finish like that then great. A very different kind of coming out of nowhere goal than we were accustomed to in his first spell, but all the same it was tremendous work to make himself the space then produce that finish.

On the performance overall you can still see how badly we need both a centre forward and a creative midfielder, but grinding out wins while not playing well in the meantime is excellent.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Great to see us getting three points after they beat Raith last weekend. Thought O'Connor was wobbly at the back. He seemed to just hoof the ball anywhere and his punts up the park went to no-one. Hopefully he settles down over the next few weeks. Credit to to Shay Logan for Jai's assist and bringing back the retro knicker shorts from school PE days. Bless him 

1 hour ago, Hands of Cowan said:

Great to see us getting three points after they beat Raith last weekend. Thought O'Connor was wobbly at the back. He seemed to just hoof the ball anywhere and his punts up the park went to no-one. Hopefully he settles down over the next few weeks. Credit to to Shay Logan for Jai's assist and bringing back the retro knicker shorts from school PE days. Bless him 

Can't agree with that at all. I thought O'connor was solid yesterday and did his job as did the whole defence.

There's a touch of Stewart Greacen about O'Connor (not in ability, he's better than that) in that even while doing something very well he looks awkward and clumsy with a bit of an odd running style, and I think that probably does affect perceptions of him. In the same way that Dominic Shimmin could step out of defence, beat a man then thread a pass and receive rapturous applause then Greacen doing the exact same thing 10 minutes later would have everyone inhaling sharply through their teeth and screaming at him to just get rid of it because of how he looked doing it, O'Connor can deal with something as effortlessly as Pignatiello but just not look as classy while doing so.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

O'Connor looks like a solid centre back who knows his limits. Doesn't overplay, just wins the ball and clears. I'm not that worried about him so far. 

Baird though, we know is not that good. He does try to play beyond his ability with some of the worst distribution I've ever seen. Can't even punt it properly.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

14 hours ago, irnbru said:

Muirhead was fine today. Got moved about a few times when we changed shape a bit but done OK. Didn't think Blues was terrible either against a pretty decent midfield. 

The problem is that we've not really got anyone to challenge from the bench that can change a game. 

Absolutely. As I said, these are the positions that need strengthened, whether that will actually happen though is another matter.

Muirhead better in the second half, but Blues is anonymous for the most part and we just can’t have that, we definitely require an upgrade there. I would like to see McGrattan given a chance in there though if we aren’t going to bring someone else in.

51 minutes ago, Tubes said:

Absolutely. As I said, these are the positions that need strengthened, whether that will actually happen though is another matter.

Muirhead better in the second half, but Blues is anonymous for the most part and we just can’t have that, we definitely require an upgrade there. I would like to see McGrattan given a chance in there though if we aren’t going to bring someone else in.

The problem is not so much Blues but having Blues and Lyon in the same midfield. It just doesn't have the required quality when both are playing there: it should have been one or the other signed for this season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Jai's early misses are criminal but fair play to him, he more than made up for it with the winner.

What a different Muirhead made. It was his pressure that caused the ball to Shay Logan for the "assist".

Clearly not the finished article but we can hold our own against big-spending teams like Cove.

EOho8Pw.png

Well taken goal by Jai and I can't see any justification for claiming a foul on any of the defenders.  Special mention to Shay Logan for the perfectly weighted header in the build up.

Those home strips are honking.  Looks like 2 different teams on the pitch with the hoops at the front and the plain backs.  Also the shade of blue is just wrong - from the rear, looks like a Rangers top.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Well taken goal by Jai and I can't see any justification for claiming a foul on any of the defenders.  Special mention to Shay Logan for the perfectly weighted header in the build up.

Those home strips are honking.  Looks like 2 different teams on the pitch with the hoops at the front and the plain backs.  Also the shade of blue is just wrong - from the rear, looks like a Rangers top.

That's what I said too😲😡

Highlights reaffirm my original thoughts that Cove should have went in ahead at half time. I'm sure we had a few more chances in the second half than were shown.

Archived