Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Cove Rangers (6th August) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Cove Rangers (6th August)

Admin

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. Perfect for your summer cocktails and soundtrack. Rum, Reggae, Retro. 

Join the community.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union – Inverclyde’s Credit Union since 1984. Anyone who lives or works in Inverclyde can join and save, borrow and plan for tomorrow. We provide quality, accessible, low cost financial services including affordable loans that beat banks rates and are tailored to meet your individual needs. Contact us via our website  or by phone on 01475 734655.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While other teams are probably looking at this as a good time to play us when the squad is so clearly lacking creativity and goals, it's possibly not a bad thing to get Cove this early either.

There's the promotion bounce to consider and generally League One winners ride that bounce to a top half finish, but they haven't strengthened much yet. While their strongest XI has some real quality and will be better than ours it still has weak links in it; Robbie Leitch and Leighton McIntosh aren't getting in the Morton team for example, not that that precludes either of them scoring today.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We're using the ball reasonably well but Kabia and Muirhead are leaving their full-backs free when Cove get the ball. That's making it far too easy for them to carve us open. 

I was promised pressing from the front and so far all three need a boot up the arse to do that job properly. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Kabia is playing like a Paul Di Giacomo level sand-dancer. In fact, that might be harsh on Di Giacomo. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, SpoonTon said:

Outclassed so far. 

We certainly needed half time. Hopefully Uncle Neil has sailed over to pay a visit to the dressing room. 

Excellent result which is more important than the performance given the squad limitations at the moment. I thought the only time we were outplayed was when we changed to a 4-4-2 mid way through the first half with Muirhead up top and Lyon in right midfield. Defensively I thought we were pretty sound but we still look like we need a set piece, penalty or moment of magic from nowhere to score. 

Quitongo was excellent all day and deserved his goal. His end product is always going to be an issue but if he can cause chaos like that and pull out a few bangers then he will be an excellent addition to the squad. 

Need to see the highlights again but thought Strapp was lucky not to get a red for denying a goalscoring opportunity, their player had the clearest second yellow offence in history after that and that I've seen referees give fouls for a push for similar with the way Jai created space for his goal. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Good win, and a solid performance but doesn't do much to dispel the fear about a lack of cutting edge. 

Thought Quitingo was very good today. An absolute nuisance, winning countless fouls all day long, got 2/3 of their players booked, and a cracking finish for the goal. Still missed a sitter first half, which is still his weakness. 

How pish were cove today as well. Fyvie and Vigurs 2 puffing messes in midfield, "Mitch" a total non-entity and Logan more concerned with trying to look like a pro wrestler with his wristbands and pants than trying to play football. Don't see them challenging for the play-offs based on today. 

Great to get the win and we looked a bit more confident after the goal too. We clearly need to add quality to kick on but at least we're doing it from the top of the table rather than the bottom.  

Could pick out a few players but Schwake was very good: made the saves when we needed him and (mostly) calmed things down and took the sting out of the game in the closing stage.   

Archived