Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bonnyrigg Rose (23rd July) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bonnyrigg Rose (23rd July)

Admin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-1. Good move and cross along the goal line. 

Missed who scored as thought chance had gone tbh and looked away. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Definitely. I've been going to cappielow for decades and didn't even know you were allowed to leave and re-enter, nevermind putting out a supporter bulletin regarding it that doesn't actually state that's what they meant. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Definitely. I've been going to cappielow for decades and didn't even know you were allowed to leave and re-enter, nevermind putting out a supporter bulletin regarding it that doesn't actually state that's what they meant. 

I'm pretty sure that you're not, although I guess if the gates are open with ten minutes to go there's nothing to stop you slithering in either. 

It's not the Highland League where you can decamp en masse to the pub at half time and come back in at the time of your choosing. I'm sensing a reverse ferret from that 'clarification'.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2-1 half time. Comfortably on top apart from poorly defended corner. 

Kabia and Quitongo look quite dangerous on the wings but lack of striker noticeable again. Easdale had a couple of simple passes, one of which was almost an assist, but he's also had a couple of laughably bad first touch attempts and apart from that he's been non existant again. 

Based on the first half I'd fancy us to go on and win comfortably once Muirhead comes on. 

32.gif

Unfortunate that Falkirk are winning.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The best bet there would have been to say absolutely nothing, as what they are now describing is entirely normal procedure at dozens of football grounds across the country, and what everyone understood the initial tweet as meaning is not remotely the same thing.

Anyway this has been very tidy in possession but there's still a cutting edge issue, not helped by playing with 10 men. Quitongo and Kabia both have them on toast on possession and can waltz past men at will, but then inevitably overdo it and don't play the decisive pass when it's on, preferring to go back and try to beat the same man again. McGrattan has looked tidy as well, although he's effectively having to play in two positions which is limiting his effectiveness. Two very good goals, although it's hard to see either being allowed by a Championship defence.

The goal conceded was dreadful defending at a corner, need to be much sharper than that.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

7 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Its more than evident that someone is holding a metaphorical gun at Dougie's head regarding Easdale.

I wonder who that could be?  🤔

Muirhead will start against Hamilton. He's not fit.

EOho8Pw.png

9 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Its more than evident that someone is holding a metaphorical gun at Dougie's head regarding Easdale.

I wonder who that could be?  🤔

How do you explain the line-up against Falkirk then?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Is Muirhead in midfield or sitting deeper behind Quitongo in a front two now? Hard to tell on the stream. 

32.gif

I don’t think for a single second there’s any kind of funny business going on with it. There’s no doubt Easdale is still knocking about because of who he is, but he’s found himself actually actively involved due to circumstance and the bizarre plan to fill the squad with players who’d otherwise be playing for a development/reserve team.

I’d imagine Imrie is just wanting to have everybody playing where they’re intended to play and get the structure drilled in ahead of the league starting, get the full-backs and wingers used to each other etc and it just so happens Easdale is all there is to pass off as a forward. That’s understandable but at the same time, qualification was still a possibility in the Clyde game and surely some alternative would have fared better than having an empty jersey through the middle.

That said though, that’s the problem with this cup. You want to be preparing your team for the season ahead, but you’ve also got competitive games that impact on that and it’s always going to be a tricky balance for managers. 

AWMSC

Ah well. Non event of a second half apart from the penalty at the end but as imrie said this is a young team and they've done everything they needed to in this game. We were comfortably the better team the whole match without any real cutting edge as expected. 

I'm surprised how poor Bonnyrigg have been. I figured they'd at least be a nuisance to play against but they've offered absolutely nothing. The majority of morton teams over the years would have taken 4 or 5 off them without getting out of 2nd gear. 

32.gif

Opposition really poor but tbh I thought at times we played some good football.

Aside, the amount of wee guys outside asking for adults to help them get in was embarrassing. We really need to do better on that front.

Whatever the fuck is going on with this stewarding company needs sorted. Fast. Treated like animals.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived