Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bonnyrigg Rose (23rd July) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bonnyrigg Rose (23rd July)

Admin

IMG_9337.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. Perfect for your summer cocktails and soundtrack. Rum, Reggae, Retro. 

Join the community.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union – Inverclyde’s Credit Union since 1984. Anyone who lives or works in Inverclyde can join and save, borrow and plan for tomorrow. We provide quality, accessible, low cost financial services including affordable loans that beat banks rates and are tailored to meet your individual needs. Contact us via our website  or by phone on 01475 734655.

Tail O’ the Bank Credit Union - Save, Borrow, Plan for Tomorrow.  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had been eliminated and you were looking at this solely as a chance to give players game time, you'd have looked at Muirhead, Quitongo, Jacobs, McGrattan, McGregor and Hynes as the players most obviously needing it. Although we'll now surely be going with the strongest XI on the off chance Clyde do us a favour, we should still see at least half of them start.

Muirhead and Quitongo are in the strongest XI anyway and with Blues suspended I'd expect McGrattan to be in the midfield three. Imrie clearly prefers Gillespie to Jacobs just now but with Gillespie having played 180 minutes this week Jacobs may be preferred for freshness anyway. We'll clearly not have McGregor over Kabia or Hynes over Pignatiello (and even if we had been eliminated already there'd have been something to be said for giving the back four more games together) but McGregor can hopefully get some time off the bench.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Waiting for team news before making a decision on this one.

efc857c52b796d2087dac1c95111d2ae_w200.gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

raw.gif

If the board and/or the manager want to fuck about and play what's clearly not our strongest team a week before the league campaign begins, then they're not getting my £12 for the 'privilege' of watching it today.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

In all honesty, I'm quite fuckin scunnered with everything about Morton at this exact moment. Why is it that this club seems totally unable to avoid making a complete and utter cunt of themselves every 5 minutes? This is just so pointless and unnecessary, yet there seems to be a determination to just keep doing these things for no good reasons. It's really not hard to just behave normally, ffs.

AWMSC

This stewarding company needs to be launched into the Clyde. Absolute bag of shite.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Every time I think Morton can't out-morton themselves they find a new way to do so. How is that even vaguely enforceable or even legal? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Enforcing this nonsense decision would be some laugh as well. Crowd packing up at the exits being told what exactly, you can't leave? People will just open the gates themselves. What are the stewards going to do, chuck you out?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The 'discussion' with the security partner should have amounted to "do your fucking job competently or you're in breach of contract and we'll find someone else who will". 

I hope its just a poorly worded statement and fans can still leave but the gates won't be left open until full time or something. I don't see how a security company and the club can get together in conversation and come to the conclusion that what is being implied is in any way acceptable. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'm watching on the stream. Just tried to close the chrome window and it wouldn't let me. 

32.gif

Picture quality is dreadful. Looks like low resolution. Not acceptable.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Cracking goal from Kabia. Quitongo almost scored minutes later from what would have been an Easdale assist. 

32.gif

Odd choice of goal photo.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived