Match Preview/Thread - Hibs vs Morton (20th July) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hibs vs Morton (20th July)

Admin

Just now, Jamie_M said:

We need Falkirk to lose to Clyde and a goal swing of 4

Oh so we need goals. Nevermind then. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Oh so we need goals. Nevermind then. 

It's cool though, the spfl will award us 3 goals actually so a straight 1-0 win with Clyde winning also will do it.

In reality though, losing to fucking Clyde is what is going to turf us out the cup.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

It's cool though, the spfl will award us 3 goals actually so a straight 1-0 win with Clyde winning also will do it.

In reality though, losing to fucking Clyde is what is going to turf us out the cup.

This would be hilarious if we pulled it off.

14 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

Alex King got a yellow card last night to add to the one he picked up against Falkirk so he'll be suspended on Saturday unless we Hibs it, of course.

Do bookings accrued in walkover games actually count?

EOho8Pw.png

12 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Do bookings accrued in walkover games actually count?

Good question but going on the basis that yellow/red cards incurred in abandoned matches still count then I would say yes they do count.

I've always thought this was a really quite strange thing. Why don't referees have a list of eligible and ineligible players for any match to check them off when they get the team sheets? 

I understand that clubs should check, and really shouldn't make these errors, but wouldn't it be easier just to catch their mistake beforehand? And have a standard fine (perhaps suspended in the first instance) for team sheet errors? 

3 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

I've always thought this was a really quite strange thing. Why don't referees have a list of eligible and ineligible players for any match to check them off when they get the team sheets? 

I understand that clubs should check, and really shouldn't make these errors, but wouldn't it be easier just to catch their mistake beforehand? And have a standard fine (perhaps suspended in the first instance) for team sheet errors? 

My assumption is that they leave it in the hands of the team so that if any errors take place it's 100% known whose responsibility it is. The leagues distribute eligibility info on a weekly basis and all teams receive this; if the referee is put "in charge" of enforcing it, what happens if a team disregards it and the ref fails to notice? The opposing team is wronged but there's no clear recourse to it. This is the clearest way of handling it: the teams have the information to hand, the teams are responsible for following it, and if one fails to do so it's clear that they are to blame.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived