Match Preview/Thread - Hibs vs Morton (20th July) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hibs vs Morton (20th July)

Admin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our sole remaining route to qualification is to win the group by winning both our games, with Falkirk taking no more than a point from their two games with Bonnyrigg and Clyde.

Definitely happening.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

On 7/18/2022 at 7:00 AM, Admin said:

IMG_9337.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. Perfect for your summer cocktails and soundtrack. Rum, Reggae, Retro. 

S02E01-RWw9xyRO-subtitled.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I get that Muirhead hasn't had a full pre-season, but he needs to actually get some proper game time before the season starts to make up for that.

If Imrie's picking him to make a point, that needs to stop immediately for the good of the team.

If there is external pressure to pick him, that needs to stop immediately for the good of the team.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We better be getting a Colin Mcmenamin type signing out of this continued nonsense, although I can't see daddy buying us someone to replace his son. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Dougie on the radio getting interviewed pre-match

- looking forward to the game, described it as a "free-hit", disappointed we can't qualify and disappointed with both of the first two games

- said league cup is too early for his liking  - young players need time to "bed in", in terms of the squad he would like to get one or two more players in but "it's up to the board" and feels we are light in a few areas

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Wtf was Baird doing there? Expecting Schwake to come get that ball. Just head it back to him ffs. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Did Quitongo get a 2/3 game ban for his red? 
Surely got to be giving Muirhead a start even if for the first 45. 
Like others, sick to see Easdale starting again. How can MCT expect people to keep paying to support this pish… 

5 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Sad to say, but I really couldn't care less about Morton atm. We're a fucking mess and I've lost pretty much all interest.

This "its up to the board" patter is rather tedius as well.

Yep agreed. Tiresome from Imrie continuously moaning. 

He's wanting 1 or 2 more in the door. That is incredibly worrying and if it's just that then I'd be worried we will be cut adrift by Christmas. We need at least 4/5 more in I'd say. 

Dougie's attitude was so refreshing but now its becoming tiresome. Again, unless he is saying the Board outright lied to him then its nothing new and he needs to make the most of it.

Archived