Why do you hate Partick Thistle? - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Partick Thistle?

26 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

You'd have to think that if (when?) we beat them next week, McCall will be out. They've got a huge squad with a lot of seasoned pros, probably on decent cash. There's no way he's getting the best from the resources they have. 

Their implosion is reminiscent of Falkirk at the end of the 2020-21 season. Ian McCall must be scratching his head as to how it’s all gone tits-up. Hopefully we twist the knife further next week.

• Upvote 2

Have been away for a few days so yet to catch up....

Checks scores....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

THISTLE DO NICELY!

edit to add:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I'm not sure what the argument is over there, but whatever it is, I hope both sides lose.

In as brief an explanation as possible, Colin Weir ("lifelong Thistle fan" who had never set foot in Firhill prior to his lottery win) bought 55% of the club with the intention of handing it over to the fans but died shortly after doing so. Their fans set up an MCT equivalent for the purpose of receiving the shares, but with the sole director of the company holding the shares also being chair of the club board (Jacqui Low) she could basically decide herself whether she wanted to hand them over and whatever the motives clearly didn't want to.

Therefore she's found some patsies to resurrect another essentially defunct supporters organisation which has had no democratic input from their fanbase whatsoever, the PTFC Trust, and has handed the shares to them instead. The criteria for being a beneficiary of this Trust is having had a season ticket in the last three seasons and there was no communication with the beneficiaries prior to the self-appointed Trustees accepting the shares, and they have secured the incredible oversight with this definitely real fan ownership of a grand total of one seat on the board of the club while keeping the whole existing board in place, Jacqui Low as chair included.

It's some laugh.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Also, I know that even aside from the rolling several years long fallout after the fact, some fans of other Scottish clubs looked at us having even a fan run night to celebrate a team being top of the league in 1979 as a bit tinpot.

Would love to see what anyone who thought that makes of this.

317572260_521601693341684_1404974096012090727_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Also, I know that even aside from the rolling several years long fallout after the fact, some fans of other Scottish clubs looked at us having even a fan run night to celebrate a team being top of the league in 1979 as a bit tinpot.

A bit like being winner of the least worse nativity play.

5 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Buckets of Fun for everyone!! :lol:

*insert signature here*

12 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

In as brief an explanation as possible, Colin Weir ("lifelong Thistle fan" who had never set foot in Firhill prior to his lottery win) bought 55% of the club with the intention of handing it over to the fans but died shortly after doing so. Their fans set up an MCT equivalent for the purpose of receiving the shares, but with the sole director of the company holding the shares also being chair of the club board (Jacqui Low) she could basically decide herself whether she wanted to hand them over and whatever the motives clearly didn't want to.

Therefore she's found some patsies to resurrect another essentially defunct supporters organisation which has had no democratic input from their fanbase whatsoever, the PTFC Trust, and has handed the shares to them instead. The criteria for being a beneficiary of this Trust is having had a season ticket in the last three seasons and there was no communication with the beneficiaries prior to the self-appointed Trustees accepting the shares, and they have secured the incredible oversight with this definitely real fan ownership of a grand total of one seat on the board of the club while keeping the whole existing board in place, Jacqui Low as chair included.

It's some laugh.

I know one of the individuals involved in the 'PTFC Trust',  The word 'sleekit' springs to mind.

*insert signature here*

6 hours ago, TRVMP said:

While I would never counsel complacency when it comes to the future of Morton, it does make some of the recent hysteria over MCT seem a bit silly. This is absolutely outrageous (by which I mean it's funny as fuck).

Got to say, credit where it's due, at least Crawford made good on his promises and didn't try handing over the club to some shell organization

That statement shows Crawfordjag up in a far better light than is merited.  He did try and hold onto the club's main asset, Cappielow Park, and only relinquished this when there was an uproar on this forum.  Also, MCT were also willing to accept this until a few made it clear this was an unacceptable position.

*insert signature here*