Why do you hate Partick Thistle? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Partick Thistle?

Now, I have my reasons which I have probably stated to death over the years, what is everyone elses?

Also,

Since they are being financially doped and now in the same league as us and therefore no longer insignificant, brownie points for anyone that can give the most unique reason for hating Scottish football's perennial parasites Queens Park.

*insert signature here*

This one goes way back to the 20s or 30s. My granda only referred to Partick as a 'music hall joke' and he had an abiding dislike for them. I never got to the bottom of it but at least I inherited the gene.

• Upvote 1

I hate their stadium. I hate that they are called Partick despite not being in Partick. 

Mostly though I hate that they have this following of BBC pundits and newspaper journos who sicken us to death about how much of a lovely club Partick are. All these people are just hiding which side of the Old Firm they support and, as a result, pretend Partick is some sort of moral good. 

The only thing I like about Partick is that when I worked close to Firhill last year, at least some of the local weans supported them rather than the OF.

36 minutes ago, so72 said:

I hate that they are called Partick despite not being in Partick. 

No, THEY hate being called Partick (rather then just thistle).

We must double down and go hard on just calling them Partick forever more.

• Upvote 2

All of the above are valid, but it's really just their general existence that does it for me. Every time we play them I just find myself really fuckin annoyed and irritated by them even being there - everything about them is just fuckin inherently annoying.

• Upvote 2

AWMSC

2 hours ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

There's only one Thistle (Ferranti).

Another horrible club.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2005 2nd Division play-offs.  Hated them ever since.  Finished a distant 4th in a league of 10 and get promoted and also heard singing "lets all laugh at Morton" in the dressing room after the final.  Typical Partick, always seem to be a club that manage to gain a wee advantage from somewhere to keep them going on or off the pitch.  Needless to say I enjoyed their relegation at the end of 19/20 far more than I normally would've nay other club.

• Upvote 1

here today, gone to hell

Just reading some of the above which reminds me of why my dislike is righteous as well as justified but to add one to the mix. what was the outcome of the Manprick saga last season?

I'd never really cared much about Partick, no more than I did about Dunfermline or any other clubs of a similar stature. The whole twee cuddly toy shite could be grating but so are Fifers, football clubs being allowed to exist in Lanarkshire, etc.

Their conduct in 2020 changed that. Like Hearts and Stranraer (and to a lesser extent Rangers, ICT & Falkirk) their behaviour that summer should never be forgotten. Hearts were the main culprits at the time, but at least they've managed to shut the fuck up about their baseless sense of injustice for a few minutes in the years since. You'd have thought being established in the second tier again as a credible top half side with the budget to match, showing there was no long term harm done, might have had McCall cutting out his incessant whining about how hard done by they were to be relegated for being the worst team in the league.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake