Championship 2022/23 - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Raith next to declare their financial difficulties.

The whole Goodwillie debacle certainly wouldn't have helped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64004009

Get it right fucking up them. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

They were losing £400k per year in the seaside leagues before slithering up ahead of Grangemouth. Very much a throwing stones from a glasshouse look for us to be directly slaughtering that behaviour, but their 'we're just a well-run club honest' veneer has run its course. 

The more clubs that are obliged to accept the reality of their financial resources the better, from our self-interest point of view. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

15 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Ourselves included. A lot of people will want us to push the boat out in January. I trust we'll be cautious. 

I completely agree with this.  We are doing well, but need to be careful not to get carried away and shit the bed fiscally.  

If we can continue to develop as we are, then we will be safe in the Championship.  That was always the aim of fan ownership and it is important not to lose sight of that.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

I agree with both Nacho and TAFKAC and use the additional funding wisely. I seriously doubt that we will gain promotion this season and ultimately securing our place in the championship and carefully building a team for a real crack at the top should be our aim.  The appointment of Dougie has been a godsend and I trust him to use the summer transfer window as a great opportunity to improve the squad. The January window is far more hit and miss with most clubs holding on to their best.

Was talking about this today. Being totally realistic I can't see us winning promotion. Short term I'd be content with us staying an established championship team who challenge for the playoffs each year and have a good cup run. Anything else would be a bonus imo. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, TaunTon said:

I agree with both Nacho and TAFKAC and use the additional funding wisely. I seriously doubt that we will gain promotion this season and ultimately securing our place in the championship and carefully building a team for a real crack at the top should be our aim.  The appointment of Dougie has been a godsend and I trust him to use the summer transfer window as a great opportunity to improve the squad. The January window is far more hit and miss with most clubs holding on to their best.

We shouldn't, and we won't, go pushing the boat out but there was room in the budget apparently for another signing or two. The Celtic game might throw an extra bit of budget Dougie's way for another and who knows, Mr Dalrada might fancy funding another based on our position.

They could easily see the scope for 4 astute signings (which almost every one of Dougie's signings have been) without even coming close to classifying it as 'pushing the boat out'.

Can't see us adding that many anyway though.

Let's not kid on that we don't have a 'real crack' at it this year though.

We are 3 off the top with a game in hand  just about at the halfway point. We have the joint least losses in the league. It's ridiculously tight but let's not pretend we aren't right in the hunt. Especially if Ayr somehow lose Akinyemi and Dundee continue to be Dundee.

• 2 weeks later...

Queen's Park 1-0 up against Partick Thistle.

Arbroath ahead at Dundee. 😂

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Seeing the Lichties trouser Dundee would be perfect compensation for today's 360-mile round trip to Southwaite services and back, heading up for today's postponed game. With the top of the league being so tight and competitive, the slightest slip-up by any of the contenders can be short-term disastrous.

Come on lads, get it right up them.

Dundee down to 10 men.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

ICT now 6-1 up on Cove.

Archived