Championship 2022/23 - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

Ayr getting turned over by Partick. Tie looks over already.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to flush Hamilton down the pan (a complete nick behind the scenes too - can't see them coming back). Nothing to be concerned about with that Airdrie team either, should be good for 10-12 points regardless of their pantomime villain act. 

All I need now is Ross County down from the Premiership and whichever team ends up 11th to smash Partick Thistle Family Club in the final. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

25 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Good to flush Hamilton down the pan (a complete nick behind the scenes too - can't see them coming back). Nothing to be concerned about with that Airdrie team either, should be good for 10-12 points regardless of their pantomime villain act. 

All I need now is Ross County down from the Premiership and whichever team ends up 11th to smash Partick Thistle Family Club in the final. 

Considering Accies couldn't even half fill their stand for their most important game of the season suggests that League 1 is their natural level. Agree that Airdrie are nothing to fear next season either, they'll struggle unless the heavily strengthen in the summer. Plucky wee Partick getting humped in the play-off will indeed round off a generally pleasing and entertaining season. 

30 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I could see Hamilton Accies ground being a supermarket within the 2020s

Turned over to the Premiership highlights and the absolute fucking nick of Dundee United's goalkeeper and defence may put a spanner in the works for Operation Sink Partick. They're defending like all of our goals against Alloa that sent Falkirk down. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

13 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Couldn't have said it any better myself👏👏👏

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

With St Johnstone now safe it would be a surprise if Ross County don't beat them on Wednesday, which if Kilmarnock win at Tannadice would relegate Dundee United.

We definitely only want one club coming down, and I'm still leaning to Dundee United being more likely to be a clown car with a Premiership budget in the Championship like the last time they spent four years down here than Ross County, who will throw just as much money at it regardless of sustainability. Dundee United playing their way into 10th from here isn't happening and they're surely the least likely to get through the playoff.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

55 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

We definitely only want one club coming down, and I'm still leaning to Dundee United being more likely to be a clown car with a Premiership budget in the Championship like the last time they spent four years down here than Ross County, who will throw just as much money at it regardless of sustainability. Dundee United playing their way into 10th from here isn't happening and they're surely the least likely to get through the playoff.

That's what Dundee United did too - to the tune of £1 million losses in top of having the largest revenue in the division. The idea that Ross County are some sort of more formidable outfit to compete with because 'Uncle Roy' is utter nonsense. 

Speaking about this in work today. I'd much rather have County come down than Dundee United. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Kilmarnock down please. Its nearer for an away day, them and Ayr will take points off each other in Derbies, they're pish and we can sing " We're naw the Killy we're the 'Ton" at them 😆 

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Archived