Championship 2022/23 - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

Accies now 4-3 up.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Accies now 4-3 up.

Ffs Alloa.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Queens Park also apparently interested in entering a B team to that awful proposal as well. A fucking Queens Park B team.

If they want to enter a team to play in tier 5 of Scottish football they're free to drop into it at any time.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

16 hours ago, GiGi said:

Queens Park also apparently interested in entering a B team to that awful proposal as well. A fucking Queens Park B team.

If they want to enter a team to play in tier 5 of Scottish football they're free to drop into it at any time.

I see Aberdeen have knocked back an invite to enter a B team citing a cost of £400K and needing 55 players to make it work.  If a team like Aberdeen think they'll struggle with how the feck are Queen's Park thinking its feasible?!!

here today, gone to hell

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

I see Aberdeen have knocked back an invite to enter a B team citing a cost of £400K and needing 55 players to make it work.  If a team like Aberdeen think they'll struggle with how the feck are Queen's Park thinking its feasible?!!

Gretna clones don't care about costs.

Hamilton chairman in the press again today, moaning about their nasty fanbase making not-nice comments during games. I (almost) want Airdrie to do them, just to see him blame the support for their clownshoes tumble down the leagues. 

15 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Hamilton chairman in the press again today, moaning about their nasty fanbase making not-nice comments during games. I (almost) want Airdrie to do them, just to see him blame the support for their clownshoes tumble down the leagues. 

I think he was complaining about personal abuse aimed not at him directly, but his family. If that's the case, he kinda has a point.

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I think he was complaining about personal abuse aimed not at him directly, but his family. If that's the case, he kinda has a point.

Except he called it a 'hate crime', which is hilarious.

I’m not convinced with the Hamilton situation. If what Maitland and Rankin have said is true (and it’s a massive “if”) then it’s deplorable behaviour on the part of an individual or two.

However, the behaviour of their board has, in my opinion been disgusting, and strikes me as mirroring the actions of Hugh Scott here about 23 years ago.

If you look back at our match previews against them in the second half of the season on this site, we stopped asking for an Accies’ contribution because we didn’t want to risk someone being banned from following his team because of comments on this website. There were threats of legal action around Christmas time made to the administrator of their fans’ Facebook page and bans to folk who did make certain, as I’m led to believe, innocuous comments.

Their board appear to have antagonised their support for a considerable period just now and while you can only condemn the alleged targeting of women and children, it would be remiss of us not to question the motivation of their board in the running of their club and the truth in those allegations.

From an outsider looking in, the gradual shrinking of their support is exactly what their board are after before they pull the plug and profit from the sale of the ground, which must be on fairly valuable land considering it’s proximity to a retail park.

And given Colin McGowan’s comments when at Raith Rovers, I’d say it doesn’t hold much water for their board to be lecturing people on their conduct. I obviously don’t know McGowan, Rankin or Maitland personally but this really comes across as a “boy that cried wolf” scenario.

If you were to ask me where Hamilton will be in ten years time, I’d say they’ll probably be down with Gretna, Third Lanark, Airdrie and Rangers.

3 hours ago, Toby said:

If you were to ask me where Hamilton will be in ten years time, I’d say they’ll probably be down with Gretna, Third Lanark, Airdrie and Rangers.

Hopefully Falkirk join them. 

Cove (who I know have departed the Championship) are going full time next season.

Hopefully helps them finish above Falkirk.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 5/16/2023 at 6:54 PM, Toby said:

I’m not convinced with the Hamilton situation. If what Maitland and Rankin have said is true (and it’s a massive “if”) then it’s deplorable behaviour on the part of an individual or two.

However, the behaviour of their board has, in my opinion been disgusting, and strikes me as mirroring the actions of Hugh Scott here about 23 years ago.

If you look back at our match previews against them in the second half of the season on this site, we stopped asking for an Accies’ contribution because we didn’t want to risk someone being banned from following his team because of comments on this website. There were threats of legal action around Christmas time made to the administrator of their fans’ Facebook page and bans to folk who did make certain, as I’m led to believe, innocuous comments.

Their board appear to have antagonised their support for a considerable period just now and while you can only condemn the alleged targeting of women and children, it would be remiss of us not to question the motivation of their board in the running of their club and the truth in those allegations.

From an outsider looking in, the gradual shrinking of their support is exactly what their board are after before they pull the plug and profit from the sale of the ground, which must be on fairly valuable land considering it’s proximity to a retail park.

And given Colin McGowan’s comments when at Raith Rovers, I’d say it doesn’t hold much water for their board to be lecturing people on their conduct. I obviously don’t know McGowan, Rankin or Maitland personally but this really comes across as a “boy that cried wolf” scenario.

https://fb.watch/kC6axPkyzG/

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Comes across as such a narcissist. Club is spiralling down the leagues with massive disconnect between fans and the board so a 6 minute video on why you're so great is definitely an interesting choice. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived