Championship 2022/23 - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

14 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Richard “Dick” Campbell doing his absolute nut at the officials having been sent to the stand. Imagine he’ll feature in the match report quite heavily and potentially find himself handed an extended touch line ban.

Wee shame, eh?

Wonder if he'll be in more bother for this?

54318AFC-1110-4562-B808-66404FE9C073.jpeg

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a superb achievement again for Imrie. From the first day he has been in the door this club has been changed from top to bottom and in large part it's because of him. Honestly can't say enough good things about him and the level of performance he manages to get every single week from players is outstanding. 

If you take Blues or Muirhead who under previous managers have never really shown what they are capable off and got a barrel load of stick anytime they played compare them to where they are now it's night and day and just shows how much Imrie is able to improve these guys. 

Just realising that due to rescheduling, cup quarter finals etc. that Morton have 3 league fixtures in a row with only one other league game being played during that run (QP v Cove). If we win all 3 we’ll have 50 points and will either be first or second in the league.

3 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Just realising that due to rescheduling, cup quarter finals etc. that Morton have 3 league fixtures in a row with only one other league game being played during that run (QP v Cove). If we win all 3 we’ll have 50 points and will either be first or second in the league.

We'll go 3rd when we trouser Ayr tomorrow night.

Rightly the centrepiece of a frontline including jobbers from 2 shite outfits. Wrongly robbed of star man status by a reject playing against turnip farmers. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

On 3/3/2023 at 9:51 PM, Toby said:

Ricky Little will miss their game against us at Gayfield now, with them sitting out next weekend due to the cup quarter finals.

Assuming he doesn’t win any appeal of course.

Reduced to a booking on appeal.

Worth noting that if Rangers and Celtic are paired together in tonight’s semi-final draw, one of Ayr, Falkirk or Inverness is guaranteed to be in the group stages of the Conference League at worst.

The financial advantage this could give one of them in the Championship next season doesn’t bear thinking about and a Celtic v Rangers bunfight in the final is for once the best case scenario.

Imagine qualifying for Europe and clearing all the debts accumulated during your banter years by beating Wick, Alloa, Darvel, Ayr and Inverness? That’s an absolute nightmare scenario.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Worth noting that if Rangers and Celtic are paired together in tonight’s semi-final draw, one of Ayr, Falkirk or Inverness is guaranteed to be in the group stages of the Conference League at worst.

The financial advantage this could give one of them in the Championship next season doesn’t bear thinking about and a Celtic v Rangers bunfight in the final is for once the best case scenario.

Imagine qualifying for Europe and clearing all the debts accumulated during your banter years by beating Wick, Alloa, Darvel, Ayr and Inverness? That’s an absolute nightmare scenario.

It's only if they win the cup they get the European spot, runners-up get nothing. If a team who've already finished in the top two win it the cup winners spot transfers to 3rd in the league, with 4th & 5th getting the earlier Conference League spots rather than 3rd and 4th.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

24 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

It's only if they win the cup they get the European spot, runners-up get nothing. If a team who've already finished in the top two win it the cup winners spot transfers to 3rd in the league, with 4th & 5th getting the earlier Conference League spots rather than 3rd and 4th.

I’ll be absolutely delighted if you prove me wrong on this one.

9 minutes ago, Toby said:

I’ll be absolutely delighted if you prove me wrong on this one.

Most recent example is 18/19 when Celtic beat 6th placed Hearts in the final. Hearts didn't get into Europe, with 4th placed Aberdeen qualifying instead.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived