Championship 2022/23 - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I’m not sure what thread to ask this question on: Do we still have the tradition of attending the final away match of the season wearing fancy dress? I have a close friend in Cove who asked if I’ll be going to Cove v Ton in the final match, which brought this to mind.

Aye mate, see you there...

I’m starting to think the run of away games has potentially done us a favour in a roundabout way. There’s any number of things you could discuss about how they went and what the performances told us about the team and how the couple of home postponements in the midst of it affected us and what not, but regardless of all that, we’re going into the final stretch with a whole load of home games and a chance to really capitalise on our general dominance at Cappielow.

It’s not inconceivable that we don’t lose another game there, and in a league so tight, it’s a quirk of the fixture list that could take us anywhere come the end of the season.

AWMSC

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

A draw would actually have been better, but the Little People's stupid wee 'title push' being derailed is no bad thing at all. 

Yeah, I'd have preferred a draw as well, one less point amongst our promotion contenders. And while it is indeed pleasing to see the Little People getting pumped, it is somewhat tempered by the fact it was Partick who administered said pumping. 

Aye, a draw would have been ideal but Ayr being put in their box is always welcome especially after all their gloating 'cheers Morton' pish last night.

Not going to complain about all the teams above us dropping points, excellent weekend.

7 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Ayr play Friday as well. Raith victory followed by Morton W on sat, please.

No because a draw either pushes Raith further into the rear view mirror as well - or acts as insurance if we don't actually beat Cove (there can be no room for complacency). The sooner that we can make it a clear five horse race - and then just dunt either Ayr or Partick out of the picture - the better for our campaign. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

10 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Inverness lose to Hamilton for second time in a few days.

Terrible wee shame, for Billy Dodds, that.

Did not see Accies staying up but they've been on a good run since beating us. 

Scottish football's regular laughing stock and resident freakshow (and Imrie whipping boys) "Dundee" are demonstrating their big boy credentials by trying to raise money for flags to cover the empty seats in their stadium for "what could be a massive game for them". 

Edit: Might actually be for they daft wee flags or bits of coloured bin bags some mobs give to people in lieu of an atmosphere? Who knows, but still a riddy anyway.

AWMSC

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Do they ever give thought to the fans for these games? This will probably stop a fair chunk of our support from going who would have usually traveled on the Friday. Same applies to Dundee against ourselves last week. 

I think you meant ‘on the Saturday’, Scott. You’re right enough though - 5 hour, 250-mile round trip. Perfectly fine for a Saturday fitba outing, but not much fun after a day at work - even more so with it being shown live on BBC.

Friday night games against Partick, the little people and Queens Park are all fine.

They do have a habit of arranging the evening kick offs for long trips though, such as sending Inverness to the Fortress, or sending Partick up to the tundra abyss, showing that they do sometimes get these things right. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

All 4 of Arbroath's games in March now on the Friday night.  Probably not the most ideal schedule for a part time team.

That's rather poor planning.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

22 minutes ago, Alibi said:

That's rather poor planning.

Aye, their first game in March against Hamilton was already selected for TV before BBC announced 2 more today. They have also already moved the other one because of the Scotland game. 

Archived