Championship 2022/23 - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

2-0 Queen's Park

4-2 Arbroath

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Dundee equalise but A4broath go up the park and take the lead again.

Prophetic if it wasn't deliberate 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Cove Rangers have “parted company” with Jim McIntyre.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Probably rotate to Queen of the South who have a current vacancy.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

9 hours ago, capitanus said:

Whilst I am happy that Partick are showing signs of being mid-table mediocre shite this season, I would really hate Queens Park to win the Championship this season.  Horrible wee parasitic club.

I suspect QP will be in the top flight soon enough. They have money, which is a big deal at this level. 

Ideally them or Dundee go up (if we don't) as they will likely be the strongest teams going forward. We want the league to be as weak as possible to give us the best chance going forward.

Partick being behind us despite playing two games more is pleasing!

Mon the Ton

https://twitter.com/drussell87/status/1610976411019354115?s=46&t=sBcBIaR7rZ8i9GmL6k2Dsg

Port-ton’s beat me to the punch as I was typing, but I’ll carry on as I was anyway.

I always chuckle to myself about fans of other clubs complaining about their incompetence when we’re Morton fans- I’m always waiting for a “hold my beer” moment considering how bad we have been down the years, but this is as spectacular as it gets and makes me grateful for the fortunate position we’re in now.

Obviously there’s the common denominator of Dossier Dave from the Morton of a couple of years ago and today’s Accies, but to be honest, whilst I think he’s incompetent enough to screw up a social media post like that, I don’t think he’s so downright rude.

From what’s going on there, I think this guy McGowan at Hamilton could well be the next Bill Hiddlestone of Third Lanark fame. Whilst we’ve seen Airdrie, Gretna and Rangers die through spending out with their means, we might be seeing the first club to be liquidated as a result of a deliberate sabotage since 1967, here.

While we were getting involved with a nasty football club in Maryhill and the Dees were dropping points at Raith...Queens Park have opened up a wee bit of a gap as league leaders.Personally... I dont think they can sustain it and like Arbroath last season..will ultimately come a 'cropper.'

I'm being pragmatic when I say I dont think we will be promoted this season but do have a realistic challenge for a play-off place...so who knows.

4th position and denying the Maryhill Morons anything will count as a very successful season in my book.

17 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Queens Park have opened up a wee bit of a gap as league leaders.Personally... I dont think they can sustain it and like Arbroath last season..will ultimately come a 'cropper.'

Not so optimistic this will be the case, as I don't think the two are even remotely comparable. Whereas Arbroath were part-time and clearly overachieving, QP have the financial backing to be serious promotion contenders. 

It goes without saying that I hope I'm wrong and they crash and burn. 

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Not so optimistic this will be the case, as I don't think the two are even remotely comparable. Whereas Arbroath were part-time and clearly overachieving, QP have the financial backing to be serious promotion contenders. 

It goes without saying that I hope I'm wrong and they crash and burn. 

I think qp have a better manager than Arbroath as well 4as better funded so they've  got a real chance.  Hate to say it but i agree.

Archived