Championship 2022/23 - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

47 minutes ago, Toby said:

Apparently it was because losing two weekends through Liz copping off and the Challenge Cup/international break not really making an individual September award worthwhile.

Think it might have been you (apologies to whoever it was if it wasn't) who tweeted about Imrie having picked up 3 awards from 6 available ones. Whilst you shouldn't necessarily put too much importance on these things, in this instance it really does illustrate just how brilliant a job he's done since arriving.

Credit, too, to Andy Millen for his contribution - he gets a lot of stick at times but it's pretty clear he's bringing a lot to the table. It seems he and Dougie have formed an excellent partnership, so hats off to all the backroom team as well as those two.

AWMSC

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Credit, too, to Andy Millen for his contribution - he gets a lot of stick at times but it's pretty clear he's bringing a lot to the table. It seems he and Dougie have formed an excellent partnership, so hats off to all the backroom team as well as those two.

Can't say I have seen much stick at all for quite some time.

Will admit, I was less than enthused about one half of the Gus management team staying on after Gus left and effectively being forced on Imrie but Dougie seems to really value his input and is always quick to praise the group.

Millen deservedly rewarded with his new contract recently. Good to have both tied down on decent enough contracts.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boogs49 said:

A McGinty blunder allows ICT to make it 1-0 against Ayr

Noticed that. No day is truly complete without Bombscare McGinty fuckin up.

Not Championship but great to see Jim Duffy denting Falkirks laughable attempt to escape the seaside league.

23 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Noticed that. No day is truly complete without Bombscare McGinty fuckin up.

Defensive injuries in today's game seems to have left the Little People relying on McGinty as their only fit central defender left. Sad! 

Their arses are collapsing after The Famous delivered again - and rightly so because there's a box sitting here made to measure for them. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tubes said:

His dad was a decent player for Forest!

Not to be confused with Lee Bowyer, whose antics caused David O'Leary's Leeds United team to self implode.  The hangover from that case is arguably as long as the 2003/4 Morton 'betting scandal' season.

*insert signature here*

Another brilliant interview from the man. Classic Dougie quote;

Interviewer = "Pundits are saying this is the club's best run in 10 years. What would you put that down to?"

Dougie - 'Everyone doing their job properly'

Plus the usual reality, honesty, humility, respect and name-checking members of the opposition. He really is the total package - and he's STILL raging about that Partick game 🤣🤣🤣

How lucky we are.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Scott said:

Seen a photo of the pitch at Cappielow this afternoon, frozen with no covers. Fingers crossed it thaws out on Friday otherwise there’s no chance of the game going ahead 

Why are the covers not down? Even Brechin managed to get them down. Is it a case of being so cold that covers would make no difference?

2 hours ago, so72 said:

Why are the covers not down? Even Brechin managed to get them down. Is it a case of being so cold that covers would make no difference?

I'm sure it's been said in the past that their usefulness is limited. It's too cold right now, has been cold for too long, and will just do more damage to the grass. It might help against an overnight frost, but not much else. 

3 hours ago, so72 said:

images (12).jpeg

The day that this proud football club takes lessons from Brechin in competent club stewardship is the day in between us also recording 4 points and 0 wins in a 36 game season and then pulling down the shutters for good. 

Fucking Brechin

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived