Championship 2022/23 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow there's four games. If all home teams win - which admittedly is unlikely:

Cove (v Inverness)
Dundee (v Ayr)
Morton (v Raith)
Hamilton (v Partick)

then the top six would be:

six teams on 17 points

Stranger things have happened...

EOho8Pw.png

So theoretically if we had a big enoughwin, we could be topping the league this evening. Unlikely but what a turnaround that would be.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

ICT 0-1 Accies

Neither good or bad for us. ICT miss chance to go 6pts clear of us, but Accies close the gap to 7pts. 

However as it fucks up the torn faced muppets week I'm reasonably pleased.

12 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

ICT 0-1 Accies

Neither good or bad for us. ICT miss chance to go 6pts clear of us, but Accies close the gap to 7pts. 

However as it fucks up the torn faced muppets week I'm reasonably pleased.

It also leaves Dick “Dick” Campbell rooted to the foot of the Scottish Championship, which is also a somewhat unfortunate byproduct of this evening’s action.

3002642B-1053-48A9-80D3-6C6747E44CC5.jpeg

If Arbroath beat Raith tomorrow night the league is going to be stupidly bunched up.

Either way there's not much point in looking for specific results from other games this early. Draws all round could be nice but momentum is more important than the table just now.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• 2 weeks later...

Partick 2-0 down at Raith.

Wee shame, that.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3-0 Raith. 

Tee f*cking hee.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Need a 3-0 win to go top next week. 😉

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Need a 3-0 win to go top next week. 😉

Edit because I didn't factor in the two goals they scored today. Swing and a miss. 

1 hour ago, RealTonKid said:

Cove will be kicking themselves.

Very much a 10th v 9th contest at the end of the season there, with Arbroath doing their best to make it competitive. 

Given our squad depth I'm still happy to see them share and lose points all over the place. I don't think Hamilton will get our current total of 21 points this side of March. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived