Championship 2022/23 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Ayr comfortably beat Dundee's gang of mince 3-1. Akinyemi looks exactly like what we're missing up front.

Aye, put Akinyemi in the Morton team last Saturday and we'd have had two or three as well. The centre forward signing can still be the difference between 4th and 9th.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That Dave Timmins is some scout. First our English non league gems like Ramsbottom and Salkeld and then Adeloye and Akimyemi for Ayr. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

12 hours ago, port-ton said:

That Dave Timmins is some scout. First our English non league gems like Ramsbottom and Salkeld and then Adeloye and Akimyemi for Ayr. 

Heard Bullen after the game last night speak highly of his scout and that they have to be looking at the English lower leagues. 

Agree with what everyone is saying. They Ayrshire cunts don't look any better than us. They just have a guy who can score goals and looks like he will be a big player for them this season.  Dundee are fucking rank. Bowyer will be lucky to last until Christmas.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

52 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Heard Bullen after the game last night speak highly of his scout and that they have to be looking at the English lower leagues. 

Agree with what everyone is saying. They Ayrshire cunts don't look any better than us. They just have a guy who can score goals and looks like he will be a big player for them this season.  Dundee are fucking rank. Bowyer will be lucky to last until Christmas.

I'm sure that even before the Dundee game that Ayr  had already taken about 70 shots on goal in the league so far. I'm not sure you can put that solely down to having a decent striker. 

They've been annoyingly impressive so far this season. Hopefully it doesn't last. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

With half the division still desperately seeking a striker, Raith are about to sign one. Faroese internationalist John Frederiksen.

Wonder if he is the mystery International striker we decided not to wait for...

His wiki says he is 6ft 8! 

32.gif

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Toby said:

Scot Gardiner is on Off the Ball just now, bemoaning the cost of living crisis.

He really is an objectionable little man.

Aye, he's been doing the rounds on that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63080244

Not surprising that a club who are racking up the losses every year are feeling the pinch more than  most.

Sympathy level for them, and particularly Gardiner, at absolute zero though.

Ayr have put out a survey for their fans asking for their views on kick offs moving to 12:45 in winter.

For me that's going too early - 1:30 would still allow everyone to keep the floodlights off without being such a big change for fans travelling to away games - but 12:45 suggests clubs are thinking that if they need to move earlier anyway, they're as well going so early the game avoids the blackout period which would allow them to offer domestic streaming again.

Every club will inevitably have some season ticket holders who can't make earlier kick offs for some reason or other as well, so they'll need to think about how they handle the reaction to that.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

50 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Ayr have put out a survey for their fans asking for their views on kick offs moving to 12:45 in winter.

For me that's going too early - 1:30 would still allow everyone to keep the floodlights off without being such a big change for fans travelling to away games - but 12:45 suggests clubs are thinking that if they need to move earlier anyway, they're as well going so early the game avoids the blackout period which would allow them to offer domestic streaming again.

Every club will inevitably have some season ticket holders who can't make earlier kick offs for some reason or other as well, so they'll need to think about how they handle the reaction to that.

That's an interesting time decision.  I suppose there may also be an element of what happens after the game finishes and ensuring they don't need to turn the lights on for that.  Possibly less relevant in the second tier than at grounds with bigger crowds.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

16 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

It makes sense all round but hopefully there's some common sense used when choosing ko times in relation to the geography.  It's going to be a bit of a pain when playing the likes of Inverness.  A 4 hour drive north for a 12:30/12:45 ko isn't ideal for any team in our league and away supporters that rely on public transport, so 1:30 is the earliest they should be going for up there.  They also have a slight advantage of later sunsets further north.

I know they had them when playing the Old Firm on the tv back in the day but those teams could at least afford to travel the night before and get a hotel!   

here today, gone to hell

4 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

It makes sense all round but hopefully there's some common sense used when choosing ko times in relation to the geography.  It's going to be a bit of a pain when playing the likes of Inverness.  A 4 hour drive north for a 12:30/12:45 ko isn't ideal for any team in our league and away supporters that rely on public transport, so 1:30 is the earliest they should be going for up there.  They also have a slight advantage of later sunsets further north.

I know they had them when playing the Old Firm on the tv back in the day but those teams could at least afford to travel the night before and get a hotel!   

I know our game against them at Cappielow’s been moved for the telly anyway, but I’d happily see us playing those fuckers at 7am on a Thursday morning as long as it got right under the skin of that jug-eared little prick Billy Dodds.

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

They actually have earlier sunsets further north between now and March, because there's less daylight. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 5:57 PM, Cet Homme Charmant said:

No expense spared by Arbroath with their correct score prediction prize in hospitality image.png

That's fucking priceless 🤣

Has anyone north of the border seen 'Early Doors??' English 2-series sitcom based in a Manchester bin pub where all the single and divorced blokes go home to eat a Fray Bentos pie. Well worth checking out.

Can't criticise the club for its choice of pie presentation lassies, though. She's lovely.

Archived