Championship 2022/23 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Doddie said:

Dundee 4-2 Arbroath. Dundee looked decent tonight. 

Two poor defences though. Arbroath look a shadow of their side last season.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Partick leading Dodds' loathesome mob 2-0 at half time.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

4-1 FT.

Shame for wee Dodds.*

*not really

There's nothing enjoyable about that rancid outfit enjoying a big win. Nothing. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 hours ago, RossMcC1874 said:

As much as I hate Partick thistle Billy Dodds can get if right fucking round him. Keep complaining about the facilities ya wee rodent 

I'd have Caley Thistle and Billy Dodds any day of the week over that vermin.

*insert signature here*

7 hours ago, capitanus said:

I'd have Caley Thistle and Billy Dodds any day of the week over that vermin.

That shouldn’t detract from the point that Inverness are also an absolutely rancid club.

If we’re to rank clubs in this division I’d like to see go to the  wall, I’d think it would be along these lines…

Partick

Dundee

Queen’s Park

Inverness

Raith Rovers

Ayr United

Hamilton

Arbroath

Cove.

I welcome any debate, and suspect that many would rank Ayr above Raith, but Ayr don’t have the stigma of being from Fife.

41 minutes ago, Toby said:

That shouldn’t detract from the point that Inverness are also an absolutely rancid club.

If we’re to rank clubs in this division I’d like to see go to the  wall, I’d think it would be along these lines…

Partick

Dundee

Queen’s Park

Inverness

Raith Rovers

Ayr United

Hamilton

Arbroath

Cove.

I welcome any debate, and suspect that many would rank Ayr above Raith, but Ayr don’t have the stigma of being from Fife.

I don't think I'd like to see any club go to the wall other than perhaps Dundee. What I'd prefer is a thorough Falkirking for Partick Thistle.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Partick

Dundee

Queen’s Park

Inverness

Raith Rovers

Ayr United

Hamilton

Arbroath

Cove.

Queens Park ahead of Dundee surely.   Dundee are just a 'Falkirk-by-the-sea', obviously a slightly more successful version which self-implodes financially at least once a decade, only to get the clock reset by whichever local 'tycoon' who wishes to make a name for himself to the Courier readers, only to fuck things up a few years later.   It comes around with amusing regularity.  It can also be argued that Scottish Football needs Dundee, as a stopping off place for East Coast players and managers whose careers are on the downward trajectory, as if they didnt exist it would mean even more of them polluting perfectly good west coast clubs.

Queens Park on the other hand, what have they contributed to Scottish football over the past century?  Very little. They never even paid their players the going rate for playing the game until recently, they have been a closed shop for decades and turned their backs on the community which they supposedly served, but now they are being financially doped i expect them to be bandying terms like 'inclusiveness' around and flying rainbow flags at every opportunity.  They're absolute cunts.  They can only possibly be eclipsed by Partick in that respect.  

Also check the fucking nick of this: 

https://twitter.com/queensparkfc/status/1058237957297958913/

You wouldn't get get the chairman of Dumbarton for instance swanning about in such regalia thinking hes the grand wizard of the ludge.  Talk about ideas above their fucking station!?!

*insert signature here*

29 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Queens Park ahead of Dundee surely.   Dundee are just a 'Falkirk-by-the-sea', obviously a slightly more successful version which self-implodes financially at least once a decade, only to get the clock reset by whichever local 'tycoon' who wishes to make a name for himself to the Courier readers, only to fuck things up a few years later.   It comes around with amusing regularity.  It can also be argued that Scottish Football needs Dundee, as a stopping off place for East Coast players and managers whose careers are on the downward trajectory, as if they didnt exist it would mean even more of them polluting perfectly good west coast clubs.

Queens Park on the other hand, what have they contributed to Scottish football over the past century?  Very little. They never even paid their players the going rate for playing the game until recently, they have been a closed shop for decades and turned their backs on the community which they supposedly served, but now they are being financially doped i expect them to be bandying terms like 'inclusiveness' around and flying rainbow flags at every opportunity.  They're absolute cunts.  They can only possibly be eclipsed by Partick in that respect.  

Also check the fucking nick of this: 

https://twitter.com/queensparkfc/status/1058237957297958913/

You wouldn't get get the chairman of Dumbarton for instance swanning about in such regalia thinking hes the grand wizard of the ludge.  Talk about ideas above their fucking station!?!

I could pick a few bones in this one.

What “good” clubs does the west coast have apart from Greenock Morton?

Dunfermline are on the east coast, they can easily slot into the basket case category for that part of the world.

Queen’s Park, yes I agree are an absolutely poisonous club, but with a paltry support in a saturated market for fans in Glasgow, will soon drop back to their natural level when Haughey gets bored of throwing money down a drain. You know my views on them but it’s congested at the top of that list and Dundee pip them to the silver medal.

A Dumbarton charisma dressing up like a grand wizard from the lodge? I don’t know who their current chairman is, but yes, I could very much see it. It’s Dumbarton ffs.

For the record, it’s only the top four in that list I’d genuinely like to see fold. Each of them are appalling institutions.

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

I could pick a few bones in this one.

What “good” clubs does the west coast have apart from Greenock Morton?

Dunfermline are on the east coast, they can easily slot into the basket case category for that part of the world.

Queen’s Park, yes I agree are an absolutely poisonous club, but with a paltry support in a saturated market for fans in Glasgow, will soon drop back to their natural level when Haughey gets bored of throwing money down a drain. You know my views on them but it’s congested at the top of that list and Dundee pip them to the silver medal.

A Dumbarton charisma dressing up like a grand wizard from the lodge? I don’t know who their current chairman is, but yes, I could very much see it. It’s Dumbarton ffs.

For the record, it’s only the top four in that list I’d genuinely like to see fold. Each of them are appalling institutions.

I would put St. Mirren in that category, along with Motherwell, Airdrie, Dumbarton, QotS and Stranraer in that category.  For any flaws they've got, none of them signed Alan Lithgow, so i'm not sure that even Morton deserve the moniker 'good' nowadays - and thats all thanks to those charlatans in the boardroom.

Fair points on Queens Park, however, they still pip Dundee to second place on that list.  Also, your old mate from Saltcoats has/had a Queens Park top and would post about going to their games so they are definitely a club for cunts.

With regards to your point on the Dumbarton chairman, fair enough, he's entitled to his hobbies, but hes not prancing about in front of the BBC cameras with a couple of kilos of tomfoolery round his neck when discussing football matters.  Even Donald Findlay never done that ffs.

*insert signature here*

4 minutes ago, capitanus said:

I would put St. Mirren in that category, along with Motherwell, Airdrie, Dumbarton, QotS and Stranraer in that category.  For any flaws they've got, none of them signed Alan Lithgow, so i'm not sure that even Morton deserve the moniker 'good' nowadays - and thats all thanks to those charlatans in the boardroom.

Erm...

Screenshot_20220820-124624_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Erm...

Screenshot_20220820-124624_Chrome.jpg

Fair enough, i did have my doubts about including them anyway, so that leaves only St. Mirren, Motherwell, QotS and Stranraer.  

Scottish football is in some fucking state.

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

Fair points on Queens Park, however, they still pip Dundee to second place on that list.  Also, your old mate from Saltcoats has/had a Queens Park top and would post about going to their games so they are definitely a club for cunts.

With regards to your point on the Dumbarton chairman, fair enough, he's entitled to his hobbies, but hes not prancing about in front of the BBC cameras with a couple of kilos of tomfoolery round his neck when discussing football matters.  Even Donald Findlay never done that ffs.

Airdire??

3 hours ago, so72 said:

Airdire??

Well they're regularly bodying Falkirk so they've got that going for them.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived