Championship 2022/23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Fixtures out.

Glad to get Hamilton up first seeing as they seem to be a basket case in compete disarray.

Cove away on the last day Friday night.

18 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Fixtures out.

Glad to get Hamilton up first seeing as they seem to be a basket case in compete disarray.

Cove away on the last day Friday night.

August is very interesting looking!  On paper that's tough looking start to the season, however the first 3 teams will all be starting under new managers so we should be looking to take advantage of them maybe not being settled and ICT are more than beatable

here today, gone to hell

24 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Partick sign Gk David Mitchell from Hibs, so they don't look like Jack Hamilton's destination.

Maybe there’s still hope. Most people (myself included) thought that Lewis Strapp was 100% away.

Not as worried about the Hamilton job as I would have been weeks ago, due to Hamilton seemingly being a basket case club with little budget as well. Strapp also said that Dougie confirmed to him that he'd be here before he resigned. 

Not really that bothered about Jack Hamilton resigning now either. Feel his wage is much more needed elsewhere in the squad and after seeing the goalie drills during pre season on twitter I'm actually quite excited to see Schwake play. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• 1 month later...

Don't really think it's pleasing given we'll be competing with Ayr at the arse end this season. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

For all the talk of our slide into irrelevance without outside investment, I can't wait for QP's freefall when their benefactor chucks it. The more beatings they take off the likes of Ayr the sooner that happens. 

EOho8Pw.png

Nobody won their opening two games in the Championship. 
Hamilton getting a point (losing a late goal) at Firhill was a surprise to me.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We're all used to Morton-related gloom and despondency - it goes with the territory. The Championship is full of teams facing exactly the same financial challenges as us, and being perfectly honest, I've found it difficult to make any rational judgements about who's going to do well and who isn't. I think we all know that with so many clubs being so closely matched, wins have to be agonisingly ground out over the long-haul slog. There aren't any easy games at all. I think that the key advantage we have, however, is Dougie Imrie - and the work ethic he obviously tries to instil his limited squad to get the best out of what he's got. It's been a decent start, but two swallows don't make a summer. I'm actually quite hopeful for 2022/2023.

Hamilton's goal at Firhill. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That’s hilarious. Goal of the season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived