Pre-season - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-season

Jamie_M

On 7/2/2022 at 5:42 PM, Eastcoastton said:

What I seen today ,defence liked solid livi never looked like scoring, we were well organised and comfortable on the ball at the back, Baird looks happy and confident on the ball. Strong in the challenge and wining most 50/50 in the box.

Midfield lots o running tracking back and effort. Strap looking solid and dictated play from defence to attack.

Midfield I thought was by passed,  players were doing a lot o running and covering breaking up play from livi but not really commanding the game .

Same with attack Jai looked a pain in the ass for livi chasing everything and covering midfield a lot sitting a bit deep same with Kabia both look hungry to to win the ball.

From what I seen we will be a team ready to fight for everything a hard team to beat typical D.I  mentality. 

The goals well .

1st goal was nothing to do with us at all, big right back for livi passed the ball back under no intense pressure, passed it with his toe right past the keeper into bottom corner.

2nd: keepers passed to us leaving us two on one and well taken by Garrity just keeper to beat few yards out .

3rd: keeper throws ball to us, again were now 2 v 1 and again pass and goal well taken both goals .

ALL in all we will take that win and the defensive display anyday and be happy.

One thing that I noticed though was when Dougie subbed Kabia there was some feisty chat between them both. Think Kabia said something to Dougie and it pissed him right off and there was still some afters five mins after he was subbed. Unsure if maybe Kabia's temperament is not to Dougie's liking.

I don't mind a bit of passion being shown by players and the manager. 

All seemed fine at the open day on Sunday. Players and staff in good spirits.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, dunning1874 said:

Saw some people saying across social media that the trialist who scored was PJ Crossan. Relieved to report that this is most likely complete bollocks which someone has made up, as he is under contract at Forfar.

👀 Forfar just agreed to release him from his contract....

Due to work commitments though, so still complete bollocks.

29 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

👀 Forfar just agreed to release him from his contract....

Due to work commitments though, so still complete bollocks.

Was he highly rated at one point? Possibly at celtic? 

Forfar's full statement ends with:

"Work commitments now see PJ travelling throughout the length and breadth of Scotland and while he was finding it difficult in the dying embers of last season to fit in with the Athies training schedule, he had found it an impossibility this time round.

PJ has now decided to ‘hang up his boots’ for a period, but has not ruled out a return to the game at some point in the future."

He is not signing for Morton.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That report seems to be written in the style of a Victorian era Sunday Post reporter.  "Glovesman"?  Never heard a keeper called that before.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

GALLERY: Images from the Greenock Morton game - News - Carlisle United

Photo gallery up, trying to see if we had any trialists. I don't see any; just the usual squad numbers.

Jacobs, O'connor and Muirhead in the action shots. Good to see.

Archived