Pre-season - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-season

Jamie_M

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Almost certainly still Kabia?

0-2, Garrity. Another keeper mistake. They'll be wanting Schwake back at this rate.

Strange that we have him down as a trialist if he is coming in on loan.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-0, Garrity again.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

I see Jamie Brandon was on the bench for Livingston

Kabia's loan deal won't be signed yet probably reason for listing him as Trialist

It's the reason the loan deal isn't signed yet that's the strange thing. If we want him and Livi want us to have him enough to let him play as a trialist for us then what's holding it up? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

It's the reason the loan deal isn't signed yet that's the strange thing. If we want him and Livi want us to have him enough to let him play as a trialist for us then what's holding it up? 

What I seen today ,defence liked solid livi never looked like scoring, we were well organised and comfortable on the ball at the back, Baird looks happy and confident on the ball. Strong in the challenge and wining most 50/50 in the box.

Midfield lots o running tracking back and effort. Strap looking solid and dictated play from defence to attack.

Midfield I thought was by passed,  players were doing a lot o running and covering breaking up play from livi but not really commanding the game .

Same with attack Jai looked a pain in the ass for livi chasing everything and covering midfield a lot sitting a bit deep same with Kabia both look hungry to to win the ball.

From what I seen we will be a team ready to fight for everything a hard team to beat typical D.I  mentality. 

The goals well .

1st goal was nothing to do with us at all, big right back for livi passed the ball back under no intense pressure, passed it with his toe right past the keeper into bottom corner.

2nd: keepers passed to us leaving us two on one and well taken by Garrity just keeper to beat few yards out .

3rd: keeper throws ball to us, again were now 2 v 1 and again pass and goal well taken both goals .

ALL in all we will take that win and the defensive display anyday and be happy.

One thing that I noticed though was when Dougie subbed Kabia there was some feisty chat between them both. Think Kabia said something to Dougie and it pissed him right off and there was still some afters five mins after he was subbed. Unsure if maybe Kabia's temperament is not to Dougie's liking.

Fairly meaningless but great that some positives came out. Hopefully the rest of the games continue to show progress. Good to see young Garrity putting the chances away.

Both really good finishes for him and good movement from him for the second one. 

Jai doing what Jai does too. Hopeful sign for the season ahead from both of them. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Both really good finishes for him and good movement from him for the second one. 

Jai doing what Jai does too. Hopeful sign for the season ahead from both of them. 

High press stood out in the highlights. With the right players it can work and cause a lot of problems

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 hours ago, gmfc_craig said:

Daft question and I know it’s probably been mentioned before but for the life of me I cannot remember but  I’m assuming season tickets aren’t valid for Saturday?

Your assumption is correct. Tickets are £12 for Adults and Concessions £6

On 7/3/2022 at 10:58 AM, TONofmemories said:

We're still woefully short of a player or 4 

When has that not been the case, in the first week in July?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived