Pre-season - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-season

Jamie_M

46 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Shame for the boy. Got to be worst nightmare for a trialist goalkeeper. If Dougie is just wanting a young bysouth type keeper for emergencies and to help with goalkeeper training then he might get kept on anyway. 

I hope not. He is young, but he looked incredibly nervous and the goal was a hideous error under not a lot of pressure.

He isn't good enough, even as a back-up.

Mon the Ton

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BishyTON said:

I hope not. He is young, but he looked incredibly nervous and the goal was a hideous error under not a lot of pressure.

He isn't good enough, even as a back-up.

Inclined to agree with you rather than port-ton on this one. The boy had his audition and fluffed his lines big time. No room for sentiment, and it’s the whole point of a trial period.

If he signs and we’re landed with another Ramsbottom for a year or two having had the warnings from his first trialist appearance we can’t exactly say we weren’t warned.

22 minutes ago, Toby said:

Inclined to agree with you rather than port-ton on this one. The boy had his audition and fluffed his lines big time. No room for sentiment, and it’s the whole point of a trial period.

If he signs and we’re landed with another Ramsbottom for a year or two having had the warnings from his first trialist appearance we can’t exactly say we weren’t warned.

I'm not advocating keeping him really, just that Dougie might. 

I thought he was a free loan from Motherwell rather than someone we were signing and using any sort of wage on and having a second keeper at training is extremely important. You look at the videos that David Scott has been posting on twitter of pre season and there's someone else crossing the ball in for Schwake to catch before the second phase of the drill with the coach. 

I've no doubt if Schwake got injured we'd be right in to the emergency loan market for a new keeper, even if we had this guy on our books. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

So why bother taking a loan spot for him then?

I hope he can recover from this error and go on to have a good career but if he's committing such mistakes in pre-season against Annan then he's not ready for the Championship, and as such we shouldn't waste a slot on him.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

So why bother taking a loan spot for him then?

I hope he can recover from this error and go on to have a good career but if he's committing such mistakes in pre-season against Annan then he's not ready for the Championship, and as such we shouldn't waste a slot on him.

He might not be on loan I've never heard of him but saw he was at Motherwell. He might have been released in the summer for all I know, I just presumed when someone said he was at Motherwell that it was a loan. 

I wouldn't say Bysouth was ready for the championship either, but having him in the squad was much better than the previous routine of a professional football club having the kit man help warm up the keepers. 

My thinking was rather than pay a young keeper for example £150 a week or whatever that Imrie might want to use up a loan space for a keeper that the parent club don't expect to get game time and Motherwell pay his wages and Imrie gets to use that £150 per week to top up an offer to another player for his squad. 

I've already got whatshisname on the back of my new keeper shirt anyway so he better stay. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Saw some people saying across social media that the trialist who scored was PJ Crossan. Relieved to report that this is most likely complete bollocks which someone has made up, as he is under contract at Forfar.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

28 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Saw some people saying across social media that the trialist who scored was PJ Crossan. Relieved to report that this is most likely complete bollocks which someone has made up, as he is under contract at Forfar.

Maybe we're trying to sign players whose names suggest which position they play.  Assume he's a winger.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived