MCT notice of extraordinary general meeting - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MCT notice of extraordinary general meeting

port-ton

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very open and honest meeting and getting actual faces and discussions makes it much easier. Never heard Gordon Ritchie speak before but felt he was very good at explaining things and never felt on the defensive at any point even with tough questions. 

The informal conversation going on just now about the club in general has been interesting too. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I was there tonight and a lot of questions asked some repetitive . My concern tonight was Joe Bloggs could have walked in off the street listened and voted. My invite  or potential proxy wasn't checked. Hope this is done for the more important vote next.

forever optimistic

44 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Passed 182-13.

I'm not the least bit surprised by the outcome but I am surprised by the margin. I maintain that this is the wrong course for community ownership, but the people have spoken and that's that. Onwards and upwards.

EOho8Pw.png

21 minutes ago, Deego said:

Forgot this was on. Anything of note to report?

We get to vote on the deal with all information, including any amendments to deal that we don't agree with that they can try renogiate. The attendees also convinced them to hold another meeting with the deal acceptance vote rather than an online poll. 

On general club terms off top of my head... 

Oliver deal withdrawn. Strapp and Hamilton still in discussions 

New 5 figure sponsorship announced soon

Cracking new strip 23-24 to commemorate 150th anniversary

Starting to sell some of our own merchandise I.e cappie soft toys where smiths don't take any of the revenue

Looking at hosting monthly events at cappielow, and possibly some concerts on the pitch during pre season

Potential friendly in northern England in July. 

There was more but can't remember. Actual EGM was very productive but the informal Q&A after it was interesting to. 

Edit to add: Ritchie was also very honest I thought in saying thay Imrie's budget was less than last year until recent sponsorship and potential investment opportunities arose. He didn't need to confirm that now that the budget has risen a bit.  Was far more impressed with him than I thought I would be considering he's been in the shadows the whole time. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Yeah I thought GR came across well.

Really surprised 13 people aren't even willing go let discussions continue and see who these investors are. No risk and can still vote no, very strange.

Looking forward to a couple of new signings early next week, Gordon seemed excited about them.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

We get to vote on the deal with all information, including any amendments to deal that we don't agree with that they can try renogiate. The attendees also convinced them to hold another meeting with the deal acceptance vote rather than an online poll. 

Starting to sell some of our own merchandise I.e cappie soft toys where smiths don't take any of the revenue

Looking at hosting monthly events at cappielow, and possibly some concerts on the pitch during pre season

There was more but can't remember. Actual EGM was very productive but the informal Q&A after it was interesting to. 

Edit to add: Ritchie was also very honest I thought in saying thay Imrie's budget was less than last year until recent sponsorship and potential investment opportunities arose. He didn't need to confirm that now that the budget has risen a bit.  Was far more impressed with him than I thought I would be considering he's been in the shadows the whole time. 

Thanks.

9 hours ago, port-ton said:

Thanks for the update port ton. Couldn't make this one but hoping to make the next one.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

12 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I'm not the least bit surprised by the outcome but I am surprised by the margin. I maintain that this is the wrong course for community ownership, but the people have spoken and that's that. Onwards and upwards.

To be honest we knew it already but it was made even more clear in the room how much this vote was just to give them permission to enter negotiations. All the concerns people have will still be there but there really wasn't a reason to vote no at this stage, which I imagine why the vote was so convincing. 

It was basically a no lose vote by voting yes. We essentially had the choice between potentially having a good thing by voting yes, but if we voted no we'd never find out if its good, while also retaining the opportunity if we vote yes to veto any future deal with all the information of the deal laid out in front of us including investor names and terms of the deal etc. 

32.gif

Just remembered as well that it was pointed out that Cappielow is owned by a seperate company which the investors would not be investing in. They'd be investing in GMFC not GMFC Properties. Fuck knows why they'd want to invest in a football club who's main asset isn't included and won't make a profit but I'm all for it. 

32.gif

34 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Just remembered as well that it was pointed out that Cappielow is owned by a seperate company which the investors would not be investing in. They'd be investing in GMFC not GMFC Properties. Fuck knows why they'd want to invest in a football club who's main asset isn't included and won't make a profit but I'm all for it. 

Why would anyone/company buy 5% of shares in a company with no assets and has only made a profit once in 20 years and commit to matching MCT contributions for x years which could end up costing them more than the 10% as MCT shareholding is diminished to 50.1%?

Why go to all that bother of purchasing shares that are pretty much worthless when you could just sponsor the club by matching 10% of MCT contributions for x years? Are there positive tax implications for investors?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

25 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

Why would anyone/company buy 5% of shares in a company with no assets and has only made a profit once in 20 years and commit to matching MCT contributions for x years which could end up costing them more than the 10% as MCT shareholding is diminished to 50.1%?

Why go to all that bother of purchasing shares that are pretty much worthless when you could just sponsor the club by matching 10% of MCT contributions for x years? Are there positive tax implications for investors?

The reasons were given last night at the EGM and I'm sure that they'll be discussed again if it comes to the next stage.

While there was a bit of circular questioning, it was worthwhile to have the various issues discussed in a reasonably frank manner before proceeding. If the MCT board can take forward some of the very sensible measures suggested by the membership, then we'll be in a better situation in terms of safeguarding the club and the running of MCT regardless of whether an investor eventually gets to the final offer stage or not. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 6/8/2022 at 4:44 PM, vikingTON said:

The reasons were given last night at the EGM and I'm sure that they'll be discussed again if it comes to the next stage.

While there was a bit of circular questioning, it was worthwhile to have the various issues discussed in a reasonably frank manner before proceeding. If the MCT board can take forward some of the very sensible measures suggested by the membership, then we'll be in a better situation in terms of safeguarding the club and the running of MCT regardless of whether an investor eventually gets to the final offer stage or not. 

What were the reasons?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

4 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

What were the reasons?

They were given and discussed at the EGM. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

He stepped down, VT, so presumably wouldn't have been in attendance.

I believe that he was in attendance - as an MCT member rather than an officeholder - which makes this aftertiming attempt from himself all the more tedious. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

I believe that he was in attendance - as an MCT member rather than an officeholder - which makes this aftertiming attempt from himself all the more tedious. 

It's only tedious if I was in attendence, you're making the wrong assumption on here as do others. So I'll ask the same fikin question again. Or can you not answer as like me you weren't there?

40 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

It's only tedious if I was in attendence, you're making the wrong assumption on here as do others. So I'll ask the same fikin question again. Or can you not answer as like me you weren't there?

It's not actually my job to answer a question that was addressed over an hour and a half at an EGM. Thanks for playing anyway.

You're fooling absolutely no-one btw. 

Archived