League Cup 2022-23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

League Cup 2022-23

No more regionalisation of the group stage - finally.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/premier-sports-cup-202223

Hopefully the further trips can be put on the weekend dates.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 hour ago, Boogs49 said:

While that would be good it can't happen as the 5 teams qualifying for UEFA competitions are not in the Group stages.

I know that 🙂 I just got swept up by the centenary of the cup win again, and went off into my little dream world.

4 hours ago, capitanus said:

Whilst on the subject of the Harry Dunns, they're in a European Final again.  Against a German team.  In Seville.

How long do you think they'll get banned from Europe for?

Spent a long weekend in Seville in December and it's an absolutely beautiful city. Stunning in fact.

They simply don't deserve what's about to befall them. 

6 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Spent a long weekend in Seville in December and it's an absolutely beautiful city. Stunning in fact.

Absolutely no irony lost when they chose the term 'brace yourself'.

Isn't Seville famous for oranges?  There's a certain irony in there somewhere.

Hope they get absolutely steam-rollered.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 5/6/2022 at 3:19 AM, Cet Homme Charmant said:

The Spanish Police hate Scottish people.  They'll be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of 50,000 of them turning up on their patch.  It will be the most fun they've had since the Catalan referendum.

As a wee side note, I see that Eintracht Frankfurt have "Ultras"... :lol: :lol:

*insert signature here*

I don't think any country's fans have a good thing to say about the police in most of Spain. They're absolute animals at football games. I was at Getafe-Bayern about fifteen years back and the police quite simply instigated the crowd trouble among the Bayern supporters. At half time some of them were going to the sandwich stall or the toilets or whatever and were needlessly batoned back by the cops. This got the Bayern fans riled; they ripped out some seats and threw them. Needless to say that escalated things. I'm not saying the Bayern supporters were 100% blameless. But the point is the police started it. There simply wouldn't have been any seats thrown had they not acted like animals.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I don't think any country's fans have a good thing to say about the police in most of Spain. They're absolute animals at football games. I was at Getafe-Bayern about fifteen years back and the police quite simply instigated the crowd trouble among the Bayern supporters. At half time some of them were going to the sandwich stall or the toilets or whatever and were needlessly batoned back by the cops. This got the Bayern fans riled; they ripped out some seats and threw them. Needless to say that escalated things. I'm not saying the Bayern supporters were 100% blameless. But the point is the police started it. There simply wouldn't have been any seats thrown had they not acted like animals.

Aye, no doubt on 19th May there will be STV reports of Rangers supporters blaming the carnage on the Generalissimo as well.  Someone somewhere is likely to blame the Pope as well.  :lol:

*insert signature here*

9 hours ago, TRVMP said:

It's going to be carnage in Seville, especially if Rangers get beat, and my money's on the Guardia Civil to come out on tops. 

Archived