Squad for next Season - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Not a heartbreaker but Reilly looked to be a more promising player up front than Muirhead and Ugwu. However he clearly has a link with Queens and all the best to him. Puts a little more pressure on Dougie to find a goal scorer that can find the net more often than once a month.

35 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Not a heartbreaker but Reilly looked to be a more promising player up front than Muirhead and Ugwu. However he clearly has a link with Queens and all the best to him. Puts a little more pressure on Dougie to find a goal scorer that can find the net more often than once a month.

A striker who finds the net once a month would be our top goalscorer. Reilly came onto a game in the second half of the season, but he never really liked like he was going to score loads of goals. 

46 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

A striker who finds the net once a month would be our top goalscorer. Reilly came onto a game in the second half of the season, but he never really liked like he was going to score loads of goals. 

Agreed - prolific to us has become 6 or 7 goals a season. Reilly looked to me to offer a bit more but it's not break out the champagne stuff.

Queens fans really wanted him to stay, comments like- best loan signing, hopefully overlooked by Championship clubs,  WG must try and keep him etc.

Appears to have started a bit ropey but really came onto a game and was one of their best players.

Potentially another good signing from Douglas if he is to come in.

If I remember correctly he's quite a pacey centre back so expect him to be the Mcentee replacement. Happy with that signing. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I don't recall much about O'Connor (he played against us in our 2-1 win at Cappielow and their 3-0 win at Palmerston) but he seemed to be well rated by their fans. Strapp dependent, that's probably our first choice back four in place now?

Strapp/New - O'Connor - Baird - Pignatiello

Then cover from Lithgow and Hynes as it stands, with McLean a maybe.

Reilly going elsewhere is disappointing and watching him every week we saw what he brought in his all round play and movement beyond goals, but he's still been a regular in a team who haven't scored enough with only five goals himself. I'd have liked to have him back, but like everyone else in the front three it's realistic to find an upgrade, if difficult.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

He wasn't released, he completed his loan period and returned to his parent club.

He's been released by his parent club at the end of his contract. He has bigger clubs interested in him than us by all accounts so wouldn't expect him to be back here, even if we still needed more defenders. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

McEntee would have been a great signing if we hadn't already signed up 2 new centre backs. You would imagine Baird and O'Connor to be the first choice pair and then you have lithgow and possible McLean as back up depending if he signs a new deal. 

Still waiting to hear about Hamilton and Strapp in terms of left back and goalkeeper and then you would imagine that's the defence sorted. 

Mcentee signed for Walsall. Expected him to get a league 1 or Scottish Premier team but still a good starting block at a decent level. Good luck to him. 

32.gif

10 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Mcentee signed for Walsall. Expected him to get a league 1 or Scottish Premier team but still a good starting block at a decent level. Good luck to him. 

Nope and nope - 'Walsall' are dung. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Nope and nope - 'Walsall' are dung. 

For a second year in professional football I'd say its a good starting place for a defender going to a middling to poor League two side. 

You'd expect the better Scottish championship players to go to league one/top of league two like Nicky Cadden, Regan Hendry etc have but most important thing for Mcentee is to continue playing games and developing as he has everything needed in his locker to have a successful career. 

32.gif