Squad for next Season - Page 75 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

2 hours ago, so72 said:

Could see Miller at LB and a winger in, or maybe King will get a run. Like you I hope its a midfielder.

When Miller arrived and it was mentioned he could play LB I was worried he was signed in anticipation of Strapp leaving. 
Now that Strapp is out injured, my preference would be to give King a run. He seems to have developed considerable with his physique and he has shown promise in flashes when he’s got minutes in. Let’s see if we have Strapp’s successor in the squad already.

King could play at LB but I feel he would be more productive in midfield. Has a good shot in him and his goal against Queen of the South demonstrated that he has ability. Strong and powerful. I reckon he’s going to be a player whichever position he settles in. Gives us options.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Since the very earliest parts of his career, Miller seems to have played most of his playing time on the wing. It seems like he has filled in at left back, but from what I've seen of him he looks like the kind of player who looks like he wants to be a winger (maybe I'll be wrong if we see him play there). I tend to think that King will go in at left back, and while he isn't going to be as solid as Strapp I think he's as exciting a young player as we've had in a long time. I think the game time will be great for him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

Since the very earliest parts of his career, Miller seems to have played most of his playing time on the wing. It seems like he has filled in at left back, but from what I've seen of him he looks like the kind of player who looks like he wants to be a winger (maybe I'll be wrong if we see him play there). I tend to think that King will go in at left back, and while he isn't going to be as solid as Strapp I think he's as exciting a young player as we've had in a long time. I think the game time will be great for him. 

From what I remember he was always a winger in the youth system at Celtic, and it was Brendan Rodgers that tried to make him a left-back. I think hhe played full-back when on-loan at Dundee and Ayr.

Not unexpected. Always did a job for us but we cannot afford someone on his wages to be so far out the picture. Hopefully frees up more wages for an extra addition. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Good luck to him. Had some good moments here but since he was a bit-part player this season it makes sense to pay him up before the end of the window. Glad the club was able to get that done.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Hopefully the fact we were already looking to bring someone in before he was away means we've room in the budget for two additions rather than one now, with a left back as well as the obviously needed midfielder.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Makes sense. Lithgow was a decent player for us and always gave his all. Hopefully he has another club lined up.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

50 minutes ago, Scott said:

Does the domestic loan market close with the transfer window today or can we make loan signings after 31st Jan? 

End of February for domestic loans, so we could still see players in if it doesn't happen today.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

6 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

What about players who’ve been released? I take it we can sign them any time?

It’s my understanding that you can sign free agents at any time, but I really do hope we get 1 or 2 in this week as we definitely need some more cover at LB and midfield.

14 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

It’s my understanding that you can sign free agents at any time, but I really do hope we get 1 or 2 in this week as we definitely need some more cover at LB and midfield.

I know it’s a long shot, but I’m hoping we can offer James McCarthy a deal! 

• Downvote 1