Squad for next Season - Page 91 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

I see Waters was released by Kilmarnock, hopefully good news and he signs for us. Would also expect Miller to sign up. Also say Jamie MacDonald was released by Raith wonder if he would be worth a punt I know he is a fair age but he has always look decent anytime I've seen him. 

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I couldn’t be more underwhelmed! To use up one of our slots on this signing is quite baffling. We need a keeper, full backs and midfield cover, which could take us to our full squad for the season. I don’t think this will have our competitors quaking in their boots!

23 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I couldn’t be more underwhelmed! To use up one of our slots on this signing is quite baffling. We need a keeper, full backs and midfield cover, which could take us to our full squad for the season. I don’t think this will have our competitors quaking in their boots!

Whether it's the right or wrong signing, we do need cover at centre back. 

Wouldn't be against broadfoot signing.  Experienced defender and seems to have been playing consistently over the past few seasons.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Okay he can play at RB and CB but that's not exactly a signing to get excited about let's hope he doesn't play much. Hopefully we are looking at better depth than the likes of a 38 year old who is well past it. 

Edited by RossMcC1874

11 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Okay he can play at RB and CB but that's not exactly a signing to get excited about let's hope he doesn't play much. Hopefully we are looking at better depth than the likes of a 38 year old who is well past it. 

Well past it is harsh IMO. Played every game for ICT as they reached the playoff final the season before last and was offered a deal to stay last season.  Did similar for Killie the season before that too in the Premiership. 

Seems like the kind of guy who takes care of himself and I'm sure he will do a job if called upon as well as providing experience around the place 

As a 3rd choice CB, he's absolutely fine.

• Upvote 1