Squad for next Season - Page 88 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

Is that an indication that he’s off ski?

Wouldn't think playing for a mate, in an exhibition tournament with a free trip to the states, in a legends and guests team which has nothing to do with the actual Wrexham first team should be read too much into at this stage.

Granted said mate is a coach at Wrexham so could put a word in.

3 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Rumour doing the rounds that Lee Kilday could be coming back.  I've no issue with that tbh as he's an upgrade on Ambrose.

Wouldn’t be surprised as a back/up centre back is one of our top priorities together with goalkeeper.

33 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Rumour doing the rounds that Lee Kilday could be coming back.  I've no issue with that tbh as he's an upgrade on Ambrose.

An upgrade on ACON winner Efe Ambrose? Kilday was torn apart at Cappielow recently and in the play offs. He may be younger/fitter than Ambrose but he's absolutely not an upgrade, by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd much rather kept Ambrose on even as 4th choice player/coach and look to bring in a versatile younger player as 3rd choice.

Kilday is a useful utility player who could fill in when we have injuries/suspensions. 

Not 100% against the idea he is an OK championship player but I think we could do slightly better however if he did sign I wouldn't be totally against it. 

I see the boy Davidson was released by Queens Park would much rather have him who can play both RB and CB. 

21 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

An upgrade on ACON winner Efe Ambrose? Kilday was torn apart at Cappielow recently and in the play offs. He may be younger/fitter than Ambrose but he's absolutely not an upgrade, by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd much rather kept Ambrose on even as 4th choice player/coach and look to bring in a versatile younger player as 3rd choice.

I'm talking about their merits here and now and imo Kilday is currently a better option than Ambrose.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

I'd take him. Done well at a team who were above us most of the season and cover at right back too. 

Will take a lot for anyone to break up the Baird and O'Connor partnership anyway so over is fine. 

30 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

If we signed everyone suggested as a player/ coach over the years we'd have more coaches than players. Just need to let old guys retire and move on in peace. 

Edited by irnbru

Kilday has been absolutely useless for quite awhile now. 

There must be better out there than him surely? Outfought constantly, lacks any sort of aggression and head goes down way too easily. Backwards step in my opinion, even as a squad player. 

Not changed my opinion since he played for us. He was dung before and he's dung now.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Would be a no for me. There's better out there. If we were going to sign anyone from that QP released list then it would be Davidson who can play cb or rb.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

8 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

If the four offered terms sign on then we’ll have the core of a good squad at this level. I just wonder if Dougie will add back-up squad players such as Kilday to that group or try to bring in a couple of game changers to go for the title.

I would hope it is the latter.

Big B

Wouldn't mind if Dougie was on the phone to Fulton and Tumilty following Hamiltons relegation.

I'm sure I saw on pie and bovril that Fulton is still under contract and signing for Portsmouth apparently. 

Tumilty had managed to help relegate two teams this season which is some going. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

9 hours ago, Daleston said:

Dougie has already said he wants a squad 18-20 players 

My interpretation of the fans' event was that Dougie was very much on the '18' side of that scale.

Which regardless of Imrie's own preference, is well matched to our needs as a club. We're not going to out-compete next season's division through squad depth: if we can, it will take focusing on getting the best 14-15 players we can on our budget, and relying on a bit of luck with injuries. 

5 hours ago, irnbru said:

I'd take him. Done well at a team who were above us most of the season and cover at right back too. 

Their defence was the 3rd worst in the division and an absolute shambles against us every single time. No chance that he would be a below market rate option as 'cover' either. Almost as bad a shout as the rumoured prospect of O'Ware returning - we've moved on from both. 

The only defensive homecoming we need is Sir Richard. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Apparently Dougie said, at the recent Q and A session in the Lighthouse,  that we couldn't afford Fulton as he's still on PL wages, circa £2000 pw 

2k pw? How the fuck are accies affording that ?