Squad for next Season - Page 86 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Just watched some videos clips of last nights awards. Grimmy was very appreciative of Dougie and Andy. I'm maybe looking too much into it but it almost came across to me as him beginning to say his thanks and goodbyes.

Also VT makes a great shout with bringing Ricki lamie back btw!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Just watched some videos clips of last nights awards. Grimmy was very appreciative of Dougie and Andy. I'm maybe looking too much into it but it almost came across to me as him beginning to say his thanks and goodbyes.

Also VT makes a great shout with bringing Ricki lamie back btw!

I think it looked like he was away at the end of the Cove game unfortunately, just got that feeling. 

It would be incredible if we got him signed up for next season and would be a real statement of intent. 

13 hours ago, Tubes said:

I think it looked like he was away at the end of the Cove game unfortunately, just got that feeling. 

It would be incredible if we got him signed up for next season and would be a real statement of intent. 

The club will have already stated their intent to keep him and offered the best terms we can. He will likely have better offers and that's how it goes. 

It's been a while since we've gone into a new season on as strong a footing as this, whether Grimshaw stays or not. 

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, Brian Skelton said:

Spoke to Grimshaw on Saturday night says he is very happy here and nothing has been sorted either way.

As much as I'd love that to be a positive sign, I don't think he could really say much else :(

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

As much as I'd love that to be a positive sign, I don't think he could really say much else :(

Aye this. He's going to sit on the fence. If he stays we'll be delighted.  If not and he moves to play at a higher level then thanks for this season and best of luck to him. Been brilliant for us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Imrie having a go at Lyon in the tele for his comments about leaving through the back door last week. 

Says although the information wasn't released, Lyon actually left the club in January and got a good payoff to pursue another career and went to Annan again because he could only play for us or them this season. 

Also says multiple managers gave him a chance and if he looks himself in the mirror and asks himself if he did enough to play for Greenock Morton then deep down he will know the answer. 

You come at the king then you better not miss 😂

Fair comments by Dougie and not sure many could argue with him.

On another note I see todorov and Kevin ohara have left dunfermline. Players we may have been interested in previously but can't see a need now.

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Fair comments by Dougie and not sure many could argue with him.

On another note I see todorov and Kevin ohara have left dunfermline. Players we may have been interested in previously but can't see a need now.

I actually don't think O'Hara would be a terrible signing, definitely better than Ally Roy.

Rickie Lamie’s a great shout, would make up partly for Strapp’s departure. Keeping Grimshaw would also be a coup, though I’d like to see him in midfield, in which case I wouldn’t be averse to Tumilty replacing him at right back if available.

I’m happy with most of what we have though I just feel we’ve needed a playmaker in the mould of a Tidser for several seasons now. All of the above would be good by me.

I’ve also kind of warmed to Brian Schwake recently. To respond as he has to Dougie’s severe criticism at such a young age has been most impressive, and I thought he had a great performance on Friday.

1 hour ago, Doddie said:

Miller offered a new deal 

IMG_3500.png

Would be happy for Miller to stay. Really came onto a game, grabbed a goal or 2 and created a few goals too.

• Upvote 1

Would be happy for everyone to be signed up they have all earned new deals even Miller with his performances towards the end of the season. The only slight one I'm wary of is Quitongo I know he is a good player and has pace and power which no one else has but his injuries and end product are a concern for me. 

More than happy for Miller to get a new deal. Another one of our island of misfit toys that Imrie has helped transform and given their love of football back to them. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

13 hours ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Would be happy for everyone to be signed up they have all earned new deals even Miller with his performances towards the end of the season. The only slight one I'm wary of is Quitongo I know he is a good player and has pace and power which no one else has but his injuries and end product are a concern for me. 

Don't think we need to have a concern about his fitness.. He played 32 games this season. Probably missed as many games through suspension as he did being injured.  He was sent off 3 times with a couple of them being extremely harsh IMO. Think we rightly had concerns when he signed but he's showed he can maintain his fitness for pretty much a full season.

On end product, aye he could definitely add more goals and assists to his game but there are very few players like him in this league who are so quick and direct and I'd much rather have him in our team than against us. We know on his day he can score a screamer out of no where like he did against Cove, just need to see more of it.

Think i said 4 or 5 weeks ago that I'd let Miller go but agree he has done really well the last few weeks so I'd be happy for him to sign on too. Like Grimshaw, think it took him time to get up to speed after being out for months, maybe it just took him longer than expected.  

Miller, McGrattan, Jai and maybe one more would be decent options to occupy the wide areas.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

The majority as we already knew/expected except Pignatiello also leaving.

Good base but still plenty of work to be done. Going abroad for a year and hopeful that we will be in the playoffs at least when I come back in May. 

As expected, surprised to see Garrity still around but I suppose he's a cheap option and still under contract. Was fully expecting to see Pignatiello as our starting RB next season so but of a shock to see him leave.

Get the Nigerian Prince in as backroom staff! 

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The majority as we already knew/expected except Pignatiello also leaving.

Of those leaving I'd have liked to see strapp stay but we've been over that a million times. Also would t be against schwake and Crawford coming back next season.

Carlo leaving is a surprise although I think it's a good move for the club. Better options out there if we are seriously challenge for the league next season. Wonder of he'll look for a part time club as he has something else lined up outside of football. Would love to see big Efe join as a coach.