Squad for next Season - Page 76 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

I know it’s a long shot, but I’m hoping we can offer James McCarthy a deal! 

Why? Not kicked a ball for god knows how long,also injury prone! Further to that ,I was amazed when Celtic offered him a 2 or 3 year contract, no thanks!

Edited by helensburghton

10 hours ago, helensburghton said:

Why? Not kicked a ball for god knows how long,also injury prone! Further to that ,I was amazed when Celtic offered him a 2 or 3 year contract, no thanks!

I thought he was injury free but just not getting a start for Celtic, who have a dearth of good midfielders. With game time he’d boss our division.

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

On what planet do we have the money to afford James McCarthy? Stop it.

I realise that, but for the reasons mentioned by HelensburghTon the player could be at a bit of a crossroads just now and a short term move might suit him to get his career going again. Whatever we were going to offer Cifti or Griffiths would need to be bumped up a bit though.

• Downvote 1

I realise that, but for the reasons mentioned by HelensburghTon the player could be at a bit of a crossroads just now and a short term move might suit him to get his career going again. Whatever we were going to offer Cifti or Griffiths would need to be bumped up a bit though.

By about 20k per week

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I don’t believe we were going to offer Griffiths anything as the reports of our interest in him were later said to be utter b*llocks, thankfully 

• Upvote 1

Happy with that. Didn't think he'd sign a new deal given he didn't want a 2 year deal in the summer and his game time has been limited recently. 

That must be the majority of the squad signed up now which is unheard of for us and is great news, although a few more losses in a row in the coming weeks and I might be changing my tune on that 😂

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

This could be speculation but he is a left back, apparently.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I was enthusiastic about King having a chance at left back, but he was a long, long way off it last week. I'm not sure if it was just on off day, or he doesn't massively have to appetite to play left back, or something else but I'm not convinced we would've lost last week without our problems at full back. We couldn't have let that continue without trying to do something. Waters might not be the best player in the world, but I'm not surprised that Imrie felt like he needed to do something. 

King is a massive talent, but if he was going to be as uncomfortable at left back as he was last week then there are better ways to help him develop. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

I was enthusiastic about King having a chance at left back, but he was a long, long way off it last week. I'm not sure if it was just on off day, or he doesn't massively have to appetite to play left back, or something else but I'm not convinced we would've lost last week without our problems at full back. We couldn't have let that continue without trying to do something. Waters might not be the best player in the world, but I'm not surprised that Imrie felt like he needed to do something. 

King is a massive talent, but if he was going to be as uncomfortable at left back as he was last week then there are better ways to help him develop. 

Aye, I think it was very clear he isn’t a full-back but the decision not to have “normal” wide players didn’t help matters. Every time he got the ball he just looked totally lost, like he didn’t really know what was happening around him. Had we had McGrattan at left-mid as a reference point, if you will, for King as well as his general contributions,  I reckon King might have looked a bit more at ease but either way it wouldn’t really alter the main point which is that King isn’t a full-back.

Waters coming in is good news as it plugs that gap, and also because it leaves King available to go into midfield, if Dougie ever fancies giving up on flogging a dead horses with Blues and Miller (to a lesser extent).

Edited by EanieMeany
  • Downvote 3

AWMSC