Squad for next Season - Page 71 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

16 minutes ago, Hej said:

"I think you'll find" 😂. lol @ you acting like you were any the wiser at until I humbly pointed it out myself.

They were, I've checked the forum. 

And correct. First thing you've got right all day.

Since you humbly pointed out the first of your three monumental fuck ups, you mean.

I was certainly aware that Dundalk’s admirable Europa League campaign wasn’t this season, and fact-check their non-existent campaign this time around, uncovering your colossal fail on that front-my only mistake was to think that you weren’t daft enough to think that what happened a couple of years ago was just as recently. I’ll know not to over-estimate you in future.

8 minutes ago, Toby said:

Since you humbly pointed out the first of your three monumental fuck ups, you mean.

I was certainly aware that Dundalk’s admirable Europa League campaign wasn’t this season, and fact-check their non-existent campaign this time around, uncovering your colossal fail on that front-my only mistake was to think that you weren’t daft enough to think that what happened a couple of years ago was just as recently. I’ll know not to over-estimate you in future.

Thanks mate, really appreciate that.

You have a nice day.

Trawling through some League of Ireland pub team's club forum, to check if the banjo-strumming fans were happy with their string of 'plucky' defeats.

article-2596524-1A96B63B00000578-347_634x426.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I just went to take a look out of morbid curiosity. The first thread I clicked, the second poster has this signature:

"Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition."

Even if you take Rangers and Celtic out of the equation, imagine a Scottish fan ever saying that ever about their team. Unbelievable.

Based on this exhaustive research of mine, everything every LoI fan has to say about their satisfaction in European competition is completely irrelevant because they'd be cheering wildly and fainting with excitement at a successful one-two pass.

EOho8Pw.png

I’ve been impressed with Imrie’s ability to get average players playing better, but can’t say I’m disappointed in missing out on this one. He’s failed everywhere he’s been in the past few years and still dining out on a wonder season at Dundee Utd years ago. He wouldn’t have been coming for pennies, so hopefully there’s a decent bit of cash there to go after someone else. 

• Upvote 1

Ciftci would certainly have had question marks having not had a successful spell anywhere since signing for Celtic, but it would be more of a Grant Gillespie on paper signing where the question is whether he's just past it than a Leigh Griffiths level of alarm bells, or a player who appears to never have had any ability to lose like other signings we could mention.

Regardless of whether you view this as a bullet dodged, it is utterly bizarre that he can't get a work permit for a Championship club after playing in the Premiership last season, especially considering some of the absolute dross who have received permits.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Such an odd player to be linked with. I would imagine he would be on a hefty wage and he hasn't exactly been doing much for the past few years. He was shit hot for Dundee utd but how many years ago was that. 

Wouldn't imagine he would be in the work hard every game and give 100% category but clearly someone who has talent. If anyone else in the championship signed him though I wouldn't want to come up against him. 

Question marks, yes, but questions I would have happily liked to have seen answered in a Morton shirt.

Been looking for a striker since June and it's been slim pickings.

We are relying on Robbie Muirhead's career purple patch not being over already or Ally Bloody Roy.

Cifti would have been an intriguing development. Yet more SFA bias against Morton - you'd have thought we voted to try to stop them getting VAR to play with or something.

Right, someone get on the phone to Swindon caretaker manager Gavin Gunning. He can send us Adeloye.

Edited by Jamie_M
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Can't wait for Celtic to be given a wild decision against us on Saturday (just like they got a pen a few years back for a foul outside the box) and Dougie will proudly denounce the SFA.

The script says VAR is going to destroy us on Saturday.

On another note, Dougie did say we weren't pursuing a player in the summer window because of a work permit appeal and I assume that was due to our finances. I wonder if we are in the position now to appeal this one. An absolute joke it's been rejected. 

18 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The script says VAR is going to destroy us on Saturday.

It would be pretty funny if they have a couple of goals disallowed on dubious grounds then us getting a dodgy penalty to win, right enough. Promptly followed by Dougie reiterating the club’s opposition to VAR too, just for the lolz.

AWMSC