Squad for next Season - Page 64 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

I would love it if we announced an extension for Strapp…

I can't see it. I think he's achieved all he can achieve at this level. If we're still playing Championship football next season then he should be looking to move to a higher level, and he would do so with everyone's best wishes.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

9 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

I can't see it. I think he's achieved all he can achieve at this level. If we're still playing Championship football next season then he should be looking to move to a higher level, and he would do so with everyone's best wishes.

I don’t expect him to be here next season. However if we did offer him an extension which he accepted on the understanding we wouldn’t stop him moving on, it would mean we would get a fee when he left. I just hope he goes to an appropriate level, not the likes of Livi.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

57 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don’t expect him to be here next season. However if we did offer him an extension which he accepted on the understanding we wouldn’t stop him moving on, it would mean we would get a fee when he left. I just hope he goes to an appropriate level, not the likes of Livi.

We gave him an extension because we were entitled to a fee for him last summer, which no suitors were prepared to pay. Given his age now, we won’t be entitled to a fee at the end of this season, and the only time we can cash in will be this month.

His signing of a new deal was a marriage of convenience- his agent’s hands were tied by the compensation rules. There’s no way he signed a deal so that Morton could get a fee for him, footballers just don’t do things like that, unless the circumstances are exceptional.

5 hours ago, Toby said:

We gave him an extension because we were entitled to a fee for him last summer, which no suitors were prepared to pay. Given his age now, we won’t be entitled to a fee at the end of this season, and the only time we can cash in will be this month.

His signing of a new deal was a marriage of convenience- his agent’s hands were tied by the compensation rules. There’s no way he signed a deal so that Morton could get a fee for him, footballers just don’t do things like that, unless the circumstances are exceptional.

Apparently wasn't playing at the start of the season because of his attitude towards the club for not letting him go. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, irnbru said:

Apparently wasn't playing at the start of the season because of his attitude towards the club for not letting him go. 

He was playing at the start of the season was he not? My memory isn't the best If I remember correctly he lost his man at a corner in a couple of games in a row that we conceded from (Hamilton away definitely one of the games) and then he dilly dallied on the ball at cappielow and almost cost us a goal and Dougie subbed him and he lost his place. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

18 minutes ago, irnbru said:

What? He was out of contract and nobody picked him due to us being due compensation. Whoever told you that is talking nonsense 

here today, gone to hell

3 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

What? He was out of contract and nobody picked him due to us being due compensation. Whoever told you that is talking nonsense 

Aye, he thought we should have let him go instead of holding on for a fee. Obviously wasn't too annoyed since he signed but apparently wasn't too happy about it all. 

• Downvote 3

Wonder if Hynes is away on loan or been released. Was down getting Celtic ticket this morning and he came out of cappielow before the rest of the players on his own wearing civilian clothes and then rest of players came out a wee while later in training gear to car share up to parklea. 

Could possibly just be injured I suppose but if Dougie is looking to get some players out the door then he's probably at the top of the list given the cover at rightback we have. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

12 hours ago, port-ton said:

Wonder if Hynes is away on loan or been released. Was down getting Celtic ticket this morning and he came out of cappielow before the rest of the players on his own wearing civilian clothes and then rest of players came out a wee while later in training gear to car share up to parklea. 

Could possibly just be injured I suppose but if Dougie is looking to get some players out the door then he's probably at the top of the list given the cover at rightback we have. 

I noticed this as well and saw he was carrying a binbag. Could be totally wrong but I thought that he was perhaps off out on loan. I also didn't see Kabia come out but could have missed him.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

A shame for him personally as he was only ever the unwitting victim of slaphead Gus' esteemed 'eye for talent'. He always did his best but this was at least one level beyond his genuine ability - hopefully he can make a decent career for himself somewhere down the pyramid. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No surprise, with Grimshaw signed up he wasn't going to appear again barring a major injury crisis. Hopefully a sign that more attacking depth is on the way shortly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Hynes was incredibly unfortunate that Hopkin was in charge at the age where he should have been introduced into the first team squad. Whilst Morton did him absolutely no favours and definitely stunted his development, I don't think Hynes was ever going to be good enough for the Championship in any event. Fingers crossed he finds a club at a suitable level and kickstarts his career. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!