Squad for next Season - Page 62 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

But... apparently we will be desperate to keep a hold of him. For his off the ball movement and running you see.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/5-scottish-championship-stars-january-28534575

Who writes this shite? I actually thought that Kabia might come through for us earlier in the season - after netting a couple, it seemed to temporarily boost his confidence. He's been a complete passenger since then though - with his greatest flaw being an apparent reluctance to get stuck into anything physical. Time to say farewell.

6 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

New contract for Grimshaw! That's magnificent news, was resigned to losing him with no extension happening before now.

Stop taking the deluded nonsense of little Ayr fans seriously then.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, vikingTON said:

Stop taking the deluded nonsense of little Ayr fans seriously then.

Obviously he wasn't going to the fucking Little People. The concern was that he could have interest from England or the top flight and was keeping his options open for that.

With Grimshaw and Pignatiello now signed up for the season we should be moving Hynes on as well, we've no need to be spending a wage on a third choice right back.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

This is very encouraging indeed. As has been said, he's demonstrably capable of playing at a higher level and I thought he'd probably have moved on so to have him signed up can only be promising on a few fronts: not only is the wage he's been offered presumably decent as he'd surely have had other options, but it suggests a confidence in the "project" too, that this is somewhere worth hanging around. 

Hats off to the club for making it happen, hopefully we'll see another couple of new faces too and we're able to go in to the rest of the season (and the next one, just as importantly) in much better shape than we've been in in yonks. 

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Another cracking piece of business by the club. I was sceptical when Grant signed going by the fans of other teams views but he's been fantastic. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Brilliant, Gillespie has been key this season and its clear to see how highly Imrie rates him very consistent rarely injured and a real leader. Also nice to see us doing business early another sign of how far we have came actually being proactive and not sitting around on our arse like previous managers seeing whatever was left at the last minute. 

• Upvote 1

Two great announcements on the bounce - and as Ross says above, decisively getting these things nailed down straightaway is a huge leap forward. Well done to all involved in making this happen - and props to the players for sticking with us.

Love it! Amazing what youre able to do contract wise when you're not battling relegation until the end of the season. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif