Squad for next Season - Page 61 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

19 hours ago, vikingTON said:

If we have Miller training with us then I'm not convinced it's as black and white as people seem. Do we want to get a reputation as a club that stands in the way of a player's opportunity? If it was some nonsense outfit like Forest Green or Salford City then I'd be more willing to play hardball. But it seems to me that there's a deal to be done here and we wouldn't be derailing a Certain Title Challenge by doing so.

If the current business model is to work, then we need start making us a place where players can reliably further their careers (with a fee for the club, naturally) rather than a stopping off point before the seaside leagues. The last player to be sold for any fee AFAIK was Tidser in 2013 - and in retrospect that 'small' fee at the time looks quite frankly generous.

Start the myth of the conveyor belt and you can eventually flog total haddies to Liverpool for £700k.

Agree with this. Lewis has earned an opportunity like this so I hope it materialises for him and that we make a few quid to get a replacement in plus maybe 1/2 reinforcements.

Added to the Celtic money and the higher placing we are on track to get - investing in this land we have acquired could really set us on a more secure footing for the seasons ahead. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

That’s Griffiths out of the equation as he’s signing for Waterford. We can now concentrate on adding the reinforcements we need.

He was never actually in the equation,  and I am sure we have been concentrating on adding the reinforcements we need.

Lack of word on Grimshaw, a week until January, is now a little concerning.

I’d imagine Grimshaw is just keeping his options open for now. Whilst it’s not ideal for us, it’s part and parcel of getting somebody from a higher level on a short-term deal so I’d imagine Dougie has other options lined up should he move on.

Hopefully the club are able to offer him something to persuade him to stay though, even if it’s just until the summer.

AWMSC

51 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I wonder if we will see Brandon return on loan in January. Played 3 games for Livi this season.

Wouldn't be against that. Thought he done a great job for us although always thought it strange that he started at right back and ended games in midfield. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

On 12/24/2022 at 7:30 PM, EanieMeany said:

I’d imagine Grimshaw is just keeping his options open for now. Whilst it’s not ideal for us, it’s part and parcel of getting somebody from a higher level on a short-term deal so I’d imagine Dougie has other options lined up should he move on.

Hopefully the club are able to offer him something to persuade him to stay though, even if it’s just until the summer.

From a terrible debut, its now obvious this too good for this league. Would love to keep him but can't see it. 

• Downvote 2

Think Brandon would be a really good signing thought he was excellent last season and offered us a good bit going forward. 

Strange he has played so little for Livingston since signing. If Grimshaw does leave it would be a shame I felt he took a while to get going but he is very solid for this level and does his job well however I don't think he offers a lot going forward but our defence is settled and would he a shame to change it. 

I also have no idea what Pignatiello is like I've seen so little of him so it's hard to judge as I thought he would be the replacement if Grimshaw left. 

On 12/24/2022 at 6:46 PM, Jamie_M said:

He was never actually in the equation,  and I am sure we have been concentrating on adding the reinforcements we need.

Lack of word on Grimshaw, a week until January, is now a little concerning.

Yeh I'm a bit concerned about whats happening with Grimshaw although..if he departs..and needs be.. I also heard feelers were being put out concerning a return to Cappielow for Jamie Brandon.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Maybe my age but I have absolutely no recollection of Brandon.

Brandon was an excellent signing last season. He was a massive upgrade on Hynes at right wing back and gave us far more balance, rather than constantly relying on Strapp on the left hand side to provide all the attacking width.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

1 hour ago, BishopBrennan said:

Brandon was an excellent signing last season. He was a massive upgrade on Hynes at right wing back and gave us far more balance, rather than constantly relying on Strapp on the left hand side to provide all the attacking width.

Ah, right back - yes, I remember him now.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Madton said:

On Brandon, Is the loan rules not max 2 from the one club?

Not sure if that's at the same time or per season. If the former, we'd need Kabia sent packing early (I'm hoping that happens regardless)

I'm hearing Kabia is heading back to Livi.

I read somewhere about 3/4 weeks ago that a Livi fan had sponsored his home (Livingston) kit for the rest of the season, so looks like it's been on the cards for a wee while.

I'd take Brandon back no problems 

2 hours ago, Madton said:

On Brandon, Is the loan rules not max 2 from the one club?

Not sure if that's at the same time or per season. If the former, we'd need Kabia sent packing early (I'm hoping that happens regardless)

It's up to three now, so we'd be allowed one more from Livingston.

Garrity is back. No mention of whose decision that was but it's possible Dumbarton didn't want to keep him with how little he's played, and having played for two clubs already this season he can't go elsewhere unless he drops to the Lowland League which would be a waste of time when he was already playing every week in League Two last season. Hopefully we can get McGregor out on loan for the rest of the season at least.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

45 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I'm hearing Kabia is heading back to Livi.

I read somewhere about 3/4 weeks ago that a Livi fan had sponsored his home (Livingston) kit for the rest of the season, so looks like it's been on the cards for a wee while.

I'd take Brandon back no problems 

Good. An absolute sand dance of the highest order

TIME FOR CHANGE!