Squad for next Season - Page 59 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

11 hours ago, Greacen2000 said:

On P&B their fans seem to think that they will get £1m for him and also that Grimshaw might be interested in going to them in January 🤣

I'm a tad concerned that we've heard nothing on Grimshaw. With his deal up at some point in Jan we must have been speaking to him for at least a few weeks about extending his deal.

Hopefully he's not wanting to go back down south or anything. Would be gutted if he ended up somewhere like Ayr. We need that back 4 plus O'Connor for the season!

Maybe the Celtic money will allow us to give him a few quid more, if money is an issue.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Madton said:

I'm a tad concerned that we've heard nothing on Grimshaw. With his deal up at some point in Jan we must have been speaking to him for at least a few weeks about extending his deal.

Hopefully he's not wanting to go back down south or anything. Would be gutted if he ended up somewhere like Ayr. We need that back 4 plus O'Connor for the season!

Maybe the Celtic money will allow us to give him a few quid more, if money is an issue.

Yeah I was hoping we would have heard about an extension for Grimshaw by now.  Assuming we have the budget available, surely extending his stay will be one of Imries top priorities for January.  

I would like to think that the way we have performed this season will have made us a much more attractive prospect - both for players we want to keep like Grimshaw, and also new ones we want to attract in January. 

McGowan is surely involved, as the police have mentioned a 35 year old resident in Airdrie. It's the same investigation that started last December into irregular betting on yellow cards when Dundee lost 1-0 to Hearts, a game where Griffiths and McGowan were both booked.

Even if this doesn't result in criminal charges, if there is any evidence that they've been involved in spot fixing their professional careers are surely over. The SFA have gotten harsher on gambling on football in general, they'll go harsher still for betting on games involving your own team and with that in mind any player found to be actively spot fixing is likely going to get a ban measured in years rather than games, and probably on involvement in football full stop rather than just from playing. In their 30s they aren't coming back from that.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Has Paul Hartley put down a pizza crunch supper long enough to demand a full investigation into that corrupt gang of a football club? 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Official Dundee statement:

Screenshot_20221202_122215.jpg

No fucking about with 25 point deductions this time, get them expelled and they can rejoin the Midland League so they have another eight local derbies to humiliate themselves in.

• Upvote 1

Oh Lord, Brian Wake