Squad for next Season - Page 57 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

2 hours ago, Madton said:

Hopefully Dougie is talking to Grimshaw about extending his January deal. Last thing we need is him leaving after cementing his place in the team (after a dodgy start)The team has looked a lot more solid since he got up to speed.

You'd like to think he would be happy to stick around.

Agree with this. Grimshaw has never wildly impressed me but it's obvious he's one of the first names on the team sheet and does his job well. 

I think him being a "quiet" influence on the team also benefits us in terms of keeping him beyond January. 

A good cup run/tie would maybe see us bringing in another body or two, which with Imrie's track record can only be a positive sign. I don't see Garrity or Lyon in contention for this current Morton side. Neither are game changers and if anything would be filling our bench. However, as we keep repeating, one major injury to a Muirhead, Gillespie or in goal and we'd be struggling very quickly. 

29 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

New squad photo shared on Twitter. Take it that’s some of the loanees coming back?

D5542118-A8EA-4F62-94B1-78DBF3C41C3A.jpeg

The clubs they're on loan to are Part Time. So the loanees still train with us on the days they don't have training or a game with their loan clubs. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

New squad photo shared on Twitter. Take it that’s some of the loanees coming back?

D5542118-A8EA-4F62-94B1-78DBF3C41C3A.jpeg

Not sure you can take that from it.

They are still Morton players, and being at part time teams, they will still be training with us most days.

They weren't exactly going to tell them to just sit and watch the photoshoot..

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really hope we are speaking to Grimshaw, Crawford, Strapp and Efe about new deals. Not convinced Strapp will be interested in staying but we need to try.

I'd also include Jai and Gillespie in that too, both have been unexpectedly brilliant for us and I'd be delighted to see them extend their stay.

Grimshaw an absolute must with his deal up in Jan.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Madton said:

Really hope we are speaking to Grimshaw, Crawford, Strapp and Efe about new deals. Not convinced Strapp will be interested in staying but we need to try.

I'd also include Jai and Gillespie in that too, both have been unexpectedly brilliant for us and I'd be delighted to see them extend their stay.

Grimshaw an absolute must with his deal up in Jan.

I'd be happy with all of that, as long as Lithgow is sent packing.

*insert signature here*

13 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

No thanks. Our squad is thin enough as it is.He's needed here.

That's why he mentioned it was dependent on incoming players

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

That's why he mentioned it was dependent on incoming players

King’s good back-up though due to his versatility, even though that may not help his development as much as a regular place somewhere in his favoured position. I’m not sure now if we’ll be looking for squad back-up in January or replacements for current first team players, or competitors for their place. A month or so ago I’d have thought we’d ideally need a goal scoring striker, a left winger and a No. 10 who also contribute with goals and assists. I’m not so sure now we should disrupt the current team spirit or replace some of our best performers.