Squad for next Season - Page 52 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

On 9/20/2022 at 9:25 AM, SassenachTon said:

Apart from the insanity of Blues starting every game, the greatest team selection mystery to me is why Lewis Strapp is being used to keep the bench warm. I thought he was arguably our most solid player last season.

I don’t have an argument with that at all. I thought Strapp was our most influential player by far. I was one of many who was worried we’d lose him and was delighted when he signed on again. Imrie has my backing but this looks a strange decision, as did dropping Pigniotelli.

On 9/20/2022 at 9:25 AM, SassenachTon said:

Apart from the insanity of Blues starting every game, the greatest team selection mystery to me is why Lewis Strapp is being used to keep the bench warm. I thought he was arguably our most solid player last season.

I don’t have an argument with that at all. I thought Strapp was our most influential player by far. I was one of many who was worried we’d lose him and was delighted when he signed on again. Imrie has my backing but this looks a strange decision, as did dropping Pigniotelli.

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

You can say that again.

41 minutes ago, helensburghton said:

Neil Warnock must still have good contacts, surely there are promising young forwards down south who would benefit from a shot at regular first team football. 

Neil Warnock who has 0 to do with us is going to get us a striker? Come on

Is today the last day we can get players in? If Imrie doesn't then it's gross negligence going in with a suspended Quitongo and Muirhead as your only strikers for the next 3 months at least. 

We'd as well going with that foreign striker they were talking about a few months ago but didn't want to wait on the permit....

• Upvote 1

Imrie has clearly been trying to get strikers in this whole period as he's said in interviews that he's missed out on a few.

In an ideal world we desperately need one in even until January when there are better options but I'm not sure what options are even available at the moment.

Only name I've really seen people mention on here over the summer is Innes Cameron but big sectarian lafferty has surely put an end to multiple clubs hopes of loaning him. Is there any other proven strikers not getting game time? 

Maybe Imrie will decide in the end to not bring in someone who's not up to the level required just for the sake of it and rather save that budget towards a better striker in January. It would be extremely risky but if the people available aren't going to kick up any trees here then he might see it as not losing out on much. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

58 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Only name I've really seen people mention on here over the summer is Innes Cameron but big sectarian lafferty has surely put an end to multiple clubs hopes of loaning him. Is there any other proven strikers not getting game time? 

I'm still clinging to the hope of Motherwell letting Connor Shields go on loan after signing Moult, but he's still had a decent amount of game time under Hammell anyway so I'm not too optimistic of that. There's no one else with a competent Championship record available.

Even if the position on a loanee today is now at desperation of "someone who isn't total shite" rather than "someone who is necessarily better than what we have", the options are thin on the ground.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

40 minutes ago, so72 said:

Surprised the boy Robbie Ure from Rangers isn't out on loan. Wouldn't mind him.

Not looked at the numbers, but is the B team charade having an impact on the number of loans the Rangers, Celtic and now Hearts are agreeing to?

Hearts definitely wouldn't have been loaning many with the number of European games they have meaning they need their squad.

Half the championship threads on P&B have been crying for a striker like us but nobody seems to have got one yet.

* correction. Ayr sign Logan Chalmers on loan from Dundee Utd.

Edited by Jamie_M

15 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Read on twitter we are interested in signing David Goodwillie. Has to be a load of shite.

You probably need to reassess the posts you actually read on twitter rather than scroll past then.

We definitely need to rush out and sign a player we couldn't play until January...

38 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

We definitely need to rush out and sign a player we couldn't play until January...

We've made a cunt of it like that before with Tidser. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yeah our striking options are utterly rank and have been for months. Imrie obviously has been trying for a while but it's quite poor we still have no credible out and out forward. Time is running out and I genuinely have the fear we are going to be stuck with what we have until at least January. 

A striker is the difference between us genuinely being in the playoffs or scratching around at the bottom once again. 

6 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

We've made a cunt of it like that before with Tidser. 

Different (with the 2 club rule you   could sign but not play whereas freed outside the window probably can't process signing) but aye, would be very Morton to try.

And with impeccable timing, Dougie in his interview talking about maybe signing any free agents after today...

53 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

You probably need to reassess the posts you actually read on twitter rather than scroll past then.

I missing something?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come