Squad for next Season - Page 51 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Seems a solid enough signing he is a right back but could play defensive midfield if needed. Played almost 100 games for motherwell so clearly has a bit of quality happy with that. It shows we still have a budget left which is promising but please god let the next one be a striker. 

Edited by RossMcC1874

Think this is a great signing, seems a hard working, versatile player with a good bunch of experience. Very highly thought of at Motherwell and already has played with Crawford (?) and will have known O'Connor briefly too I imagine. On paper Dougie has assembled a very solid side. Our front line is arguably one or two off but I'm very happy with the rest of the team at this moment.

Very happy with that signing.

Central midfield is his best position and King was our only cover there but is also currently first choice left back, with Jacobs & Lyon out on loan. McGrattan can obviously play as the most advanced of a three but we had no cover for playing any deeper, so he's surely here to play in midfield.

A first choice three of Gillespie, Grimshaw and Crawford is a significant upgrade on where we were a few weeks ago, then we've King, Blues and McGrattan as cover for them. Maybe he will play right back at times but there's no way Pignatiello should be getting dropped.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 hours ago, port-ton said:

Got to imagine that will be Hynes out on loan as well if we can find somewhere for him. 

I quite like Pignatiello this season but his lack of attacking output for the team has become more obvious the longer the season has went on, and we are already blunt enough in attacking areas so hopefully Grimshaw has a bit more attacking quality in him. 

That's my reading of it. We've managed to upgrade on Blues in the box-to-box midfielder role, whilst simultaneously upgraded our second choice right back. Given Imrie's tendency to substitute at least one full-back in every match, it means we're less likely to be closing out matches with Hynes on the field. We've killed two birds with one stone. 

A striker in and get Hynes a loan to a suitable level next, please.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Did he bury t'corpse under t'patio?

edit: in all seriousness he seems like a model pro and Motherwell fans speak very highly of him. Glad to see him at Morton.

Agree. Good signing. Need two strikers now.

24 minutes ago, Scott said:

Wonder if we could get Marc McNulty in at this point? Not sure what his wage demands would be, but he’s not got a club as far as I’m aware 

Surprised he hasn't got a club yet. Would imagine he has had plenty of offers at our level but hoping for something better. You 'd think if a Premiership club wanted him, he would have a deal by now so maybe he is trying to get something down south. Would be a cracking signing if we somehow pulled it off.

On the striker search, the longer it goes on, the more concerning it gets.  You'd think Premiership managers will know who they want to send out on loan, if anyone, now that they can't sign anyone else. It's been 2 weeks since the window shut so you'd imagine players they would like to loan out would be out by now. 

Hope I'm wrong and we do manage to get one in as  the thought of going through to Jan with our limited attacking options scares the shit out of me. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Surely to fuck we'll see a striker in before Saturday!

If there are no good strikers available right now then we shouldn't waste our money on a(nother) crap one. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are