Squad for next Season - Page 42 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Best of luck to him. Got absolutely no ill will towards him but he just should never have been near a Championship first team squad and the nepotism that caused this wasn't his fault. 

I'm glad that for whatever reason he's finally decided enough is enough. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Yeah, I wish him well too. I've said this before, but as much as he's been very fortunate to be involved in football for so long, I don't think there was really ever any expectation for him to actually be playing and I don't think it was really serving anybody well to be repeatedly using him over the last while. I guess if you're going to be taking a wage then you can't grumble about having to play, but even at that, I think Imrie could have done without using him as a pawn and it was clear Easdale wasn't enjoying himself in the slightest.

You can't really blame somebody for making the most of the opportunity his connections afforded him, and he's evidently got the awareness to realise it has ran its course. If this happened this time a year ago I'd say good riddance and not give it a second though, but regardless of anything else you might think about his circumstances, he very obviously was aware of his situation on the pitch and that can't be a nice thing to endure at all in such a public setting so I genuinely wish him well and hope he's much happier in whatever he does next. 

Edited by EanieMeany
  • Upvote 1

AWMSC

Best of luck to him he was nowhere good enough for a career in professional football and really no idea why he was kept as long as he was. I can only hope this now means we can get something in before the window closes heard absolutely nothing about new players while everyone else is adding to the squad. 

Incidentally, I would be a little surprised if Easdale's departure actually opens up a great deal of money for another player, to be honest. I suspect that at most it'll allow any potential signings already on the cards to get a few extra bob (which isn't necessarily insignificant in itself) rather than freeing up funds for a replacement, but we'll see.

AWMSC

11 hours ago, port-ton said:

Scott Allan signed for Arbroath on a 2 year deal so that's him out of the equation. 

That's a fucking good signing for them.

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Can’t help but look enviously at that Scott Allan signing and wonder why Arbroath are able to pull it off but not us. 
He’d have provided the ammunition for Quitongo with the amount of running in behind Quitongo does and addressed the real lack of creativity in the team.

The depth of the squad is also worrying, we are a few injuries and suspensions away from not being able to put together a full bench at this rate. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HeidTheBaw said:

Can’t help but look enviously at that Scott Allan signing and wonder why Arbroath are able to pull it off but not us. 
He’d have provided the ammunition for Quitongo with the amount of running in behind Quitongo does and addressed the real lack of creativity in the team.

The depth of the squad is also worrying, we are a few injuries and suspensions away from not being able to put together a full bench at this rate. 

We are a few injuries and suspensions away from not being able to field 11 players never mind a full bench.*

*obviously more than a few but not exagerrated by as much as you'd hope.

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Does this open the door fo Nicky Lowe's homecoming?

Arbroath were wanting money for him so I doubt it. 

Not even sure who is still without a club in Scottish football circles. 

Off the top of my head there's 

Zander Clark

Jack Hamilton

King Efe of Ambrose

Robbie Crawford

Dylan Mcgeough

Gozie 

Nadir Cifti

Matej Poplatnik

I would be happy with Crawford or Mcgeough for midfield and at this point I'd probably take any of those strikers. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, HeidTheBaw said:

Arbroath have more ST holders than ourselves right now, and also didn't waste their two year deals on allowing dung players to watch Judge Judy during their afternoons instead of having a real job. This full-time fraud setup has to be punted into bin. 

I can't say I'm convinced that Allan or anyone else would provide Quitongo with enough ammunition though, given how wasteful he and the other forwards are. We need an actually convincing centre forward as well as a creative player, but almost certainly won't get both. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Does this open the door fo Nicky Lowe's homecoming?

Not a chance Arbroath will let him leave, nor that we would pay the money required to sign him

Arbroath heavily rumoured to be signing Adam Rooney next.

1 hour ago, so72 said:

We are a few injuries and suspensions away from not being able to field 11 players never mind a full bench.*

*obviously more than a few but not exagerrated by as much as you'd hope.

True, I took a bit of the edge off it as I didn’t want to sound too hysterical - but I don’t disagree, it’s looking potentially very grim. 

There’s still time before the window shuts but I don’t have a great deal of optimism at the moment at how the club is being run. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Not a chance Arbroath will let him leave, nor that we would pay the money required to sign him

Arbroath heavily rumoured to be signing Adam Rooney next.

Allan could be taking his wage and they're happy to get rid... 

Just now, irnbru said:

Allan could be taking his wage and they're happy to get rid... 

Allan could be taking his wage but they are also willing to forego the transfer fee they want and would be due for one of their better players...

Nope, don't think so.

Good luck to him and I'd expect a neat and tidy player, but I'm just not expecting a Gillespie-Blues-Crawford midfield to be a serious game-changer for our chances this season.

If this is what we've got then Imrie has his work cut out.  

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are