Squad for next Season - Page 39 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Griffiths has been terrible for a while now and was on 1.5k at Falkirk where he achieved nothing. When trying to win over more fans, the worst thing MCT could do is sign someone who talks to 15yos on Instagram. 

7 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

Simply replacing Blues with a competent Championship footballer would be the best way to stop goals like that, it doesn’t necessarily need to be a dedicated pivot.

Could argue that point for any one of our central midfielders.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The lack of goals in our team is frightening. For that reason, any player that we bring in needs to be someone who can help with that. Whether that's a midfielder, wide player or forward capable of scoring and/or creating goals will depend on who is available, but we need more goals in the team. 

I mean, we could do with 4 or more additions, in various positions, but we need goals. 

25 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

The lack of goals in our team is frightening. For that reason, any player that we bring in needs to be someone who can help with that. Whether that's a midfielder, wide player or forward capable of scoring and/or creating goals will depend on who is available, but we need more goals in the team. 

I mean, we could do with 4 or more additions, in various positions, but we need goals. 

I think we really need a striker as priority. Even if we got a player with the delivery of Nicky Cadden, we don't have anyone to put them away. 

5 minutes ago, so72 said:

I think we really need a striker as priority. Even if we got a player with the delivery of Nicky Cadden, we don't have anyone to put them away. 

I'd take Cadden over any striker we've had in recent years, and back him to outscore any of them. If it was a choice between Cadden and a forward like Oliver, Ugwu, McHugh, Reilly, or Orsi, I know who I'd pick.

But, yeah, the likelihood is that it'll be a striker, because by the same token I'd take Ugwu or Reilly over the likes of Salkeld, Nesbitt, McGuffie, Allan, etc. My point is that sometimes you need to prioritise the better player. If there is a better option in the role of a Cadden or a Forbes, I'd take that over a Sterling, Dallas, or Knowles. 

Raith fan saying Poplatnik has put on his socials, welcome back to Scotland presumably suggesting he's here to sign for someone.

Imrie will know him from his time at Livvy so guess its a possibility.

Looked a decent player at times last season.

I'd be happy with Poplatnik but equally surprised if we got him. Championship and League One clubs who can outspend us are still looking for strikers.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, Madton said:

Raith fan saying Poplatnik has put on his socials, welcome back to Scotland presumably suggesting he's here to sign for someone.

Imrie will know him from his time at Livvy so guess its a possibility.

Looked a decent player at times last season.

I was hoping we would sign him when I saw he was released. 

2 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Based on absolutely nothing other than he's been transfer listed.

Rory McAlister, I know he's 34/35, but just a thought.

Signed for Montrose on Thursday.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

19 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Based on absolutely nothing other than he's been transfer listed.

Rory McAlister, I know he's 34/35, but just a thought.

We wouldn't pay a fee, no chance of him going full time at all never mind to us, and yeah, already moved to Montrose.

Cove binned him because he booked a holiday for October, during the season, and was to miss a game against Dundee.

Flashbacks to Gaston potentially missing the later stages of the Playoffs if we progressed due to his wedding/stag do.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Couple of Twitter accounts linking us with Leigh Griffiths on a pay as you play deal. Personally can’t see it but who knows. 

Two goals in twelve games for F*lk*rk against League 1 defences last season.

I think we can do better than this.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Wouldn't mind seeing Griffiths offered a short term deal but would need to be right for the club. There's obviously a player there.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come