Squad for next Season - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

8 hours ago, port-ton said:

The only inflated sense of superiority I see in that situation is the bunch of guys psycho analysing football fans at a game. 

It was the unironic use of transference that led to the tea being spat out.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

On 6/24/2022 at 1:20 AM, SassenachTon said:

What?

I’m 300 miles from Cappielow and don’t get up as often as I’d like. But when I can make the trip up, I’m there to see a game, not to be an amateur psychologist or behavioural therapist along with the ‘general consensus’ - whoever they are. Maybe you’d mistakenly wandered into the psychoanalyst’s stand? 

I’ve certainly never witnessed groups of fans at Cappielow analysing anything other than the state of that week’s pies or which bin pub they’d hit before the game. The only ‘transference’ I’ve ever seen is a pie from hand to mouth in the cowshed.

You’re making yourself look like a bit of a chump. 

What relevance has any of this got to do with Brian Clough's Derby team in the early 1970's?

*insert signature here*

Ayr fan over on pandb saying he's heard we are about to sign Robbie Crawford.

Good signing if true but would give us 6 centre mids so you'd think 1 or 2 might move on/go on loan 

Edited by Madton

When Partick released him I thought Crawford would make sense for us, presuming Sibbald has pretty much the whole division after him and the odds of us getting him are small.

If true that would finally give us a playmaker for the midfield three, but with the crucial difference to last season that unlike Oliver he is actually a central midfielder and has the legs to do the defensive work too when required. Escaping Ian McCall's tendency to play central midfielders out wide and actually getting to nail down a place in his best position would hopefully see him hit his stride too.

In terms of moving central midfielders on, as before we don't know how exactly Imrie envisages the midfield and front three working but you can broadly say this would give us two options for each role in the middle:

Holding midfielders: Jacobs & Gillespie

Box to box: Lyon & Blues

Playmaker: Crawford/other new & McGrattan

Obviously you can't entirely pigeon hole players to one role like that, but with Lyon and Blues having played in all of them while Crawford or McGrattan may be used further forward at times, I think those six is the right amount of depth. That then allows King to go on loan, assuming he's not having to stay around as left back cover.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 hours ago, Eastcoastton said:

Bit worried now, played two friendlies and Dougie saying team is thin due to some injuries oh dear oh dear. Anyone know who ?

Lithgow was already out. Jacobs picked up a knock on Tuesday night so presume it’s him

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 10:09 PM, Madton said:

Ayr fan over on pandb saying he's heard we are about to sign Robbie Crawford.

Good signing if true but would give us 6 centre mids so you'd think 1 or 2 might move on/go on loan 

But none of the current 5 are true centre mids such as a Tidser for instance, who stay in the centre of the pitch and control the tempo of the game. Crawford would be closer to that than any of our current 5, who either tend to drift wide like Blues and Lyon, or lie deep like Jacobs. McGinn was the nearest we’ve had to a genuine CM for some time, so Crawford would be a useful (and different) addition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Any rumors of anymore signings? Getting pretty close to the start of the season now and still feel we are painfully short up front. 

I know Jaze Kabia has played as a trailist so presume he is next in but still think we are light up top. 

First Team Squad section on gmfc.net has updated photos and squad numbers for coming season. Schwake wearing no.1 and no picture of Jack Hamilton. Alan Lithgow still wearing the ridiculous 47 and Reece Lyon moves from no.10 to no.32 with Jai taking the 10 shirt. 

• Like 1

I would like to see Kabia announced in the next few days and maybe another player on loan I suspect. 

With Baird and Gillespie out for Saturday and so far Lithgow and Jacobs injured (?) we might be struggling to put a team together. Muirhead is also on paternity leave I believe.

David vize on twitter saying we are interested in Akeel Francis. A striker who used to play for Stirling Albion. 

The guy talks shite so take it with a pinch of salt

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

14 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

David vize on twitter saying we are interested in Akeel Francis. A striker who used to play for Stirling Albion. 

The guy talks shite so take it with a pinch of salt

The Fabrizio Romano of Scottish football.

• Upvote 1

Akeel Francis would obviously be a complete embarrassment of a signing which would leave us as clear relegation candidates with no goals in the team, but as said it's David Vize. The guy just makes a load of shite up, lifts some rumours from tabloids and when the tabloid rumours come true points to those as evidence that he actually knows what he's talking about. Don't believe this for a second.

• Upvote 1

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

10 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

David Vize. The guy just makes a load of shite up

Yep. Christiano Ronaldo is apparently desperate to leave Old Trafford so he can come up to Cappielow. Vize said it so it’s 100% true.

11 hours ago, Toby said:

The Fabrizio Romano of Scottish football.

And apart from his other shan fuckwittery aimed squarely at the dim and gullible, Romano is also a self-confessed Watford supporter, which defines him as an utter cunt. 

He also has a really shit designer beard which places him in the Falkirk/Partick Thistle hatred class.

Edited by SassenachTon

31 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

Yep. Christiano Ronaldo is apparently desperate to leave Old Trafford so he can come up to Cappielow. Vize said it so it’s 100% true.

I'll bet he didnt.

*insert signature here*