Squad for next Season - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

I didn't really see the arrogance other people saw in that video. I saw someone that's confident in his abilities but not comfortable in front of a camera answering questions. He looked to me like he had no idea what he was going to say before it came out of his mouth and was just trying to get through the interview by saying whatever came in to his head. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Sorry but this move was not made in heaven. His record since leaving us varied between the gutter and the sewer both in terms of goals and his propensity to spend Saturdays on the treatment table. He is deluded as are many footballers thinking they are better than their achievements, and he inspires no confidence in me. If Dougie can get get something positive out of him then fair play to him.

I won't be holding my breath though.

It says more about the perpetrators of the regular criticism of Morton players than it does about the targets of their unjustified abuse. They’ve driven good players out of the club then complained when the same players came back and gave them a GIRUY when they scored at Cappielow. I’ve heard them abusing boys on their debuts and now a returning player before he’s even started a game! They even abuse their own players for suffering injuries. You couldn’t make it up!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I haven’t watched the interview yet but after the abuse he got from Morton fans about his court case when he played against us, I’m pretty sure I’d be back at the club for selfish reasons only as well.

I’m optimistic about him signing if he can stay fit.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

It says more about the perpetrators of the regular criticism of Morton players than it does about the targets of their unjustified abuse. They’ve driven good players out of the club then complained when the same players came back and gave them a GIRUY when they scored at Cappielow. I’ve heard them abusing boys on their debuts and now a returning player before he’s even started a game! They even abuse their own players for suffering injuries. You couldn’t make it up!

Agree some would shout 'he's pish' and 'get him aff' as soon as  he gives a shit pass ten mins in . A lot o folk think they know better than qualified professional managers and seem to just get a rise shouting crap at players just for attention, some o these folk have never kicked a ball or played in a team game in their Life.

Not all fans, the majority will back him and generally give someone a bit o time and a chance but some will be on the guys back right from his first mistake.

No one likes arrogance and players with big Egos however no one gives a fuck as long as it don't impact the team and he does the talking on the park.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

It says more about the perpetrators of the regular criticism of Morton players than it does about the targets of their unjustified abuse. They’ve driven good players out of the club then complained when the same players came back and gave them a GIRUY when they scored at Cappielow. 

Name three please. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Eastcoastton said:

A lot o folk think they know better than qualified professional managers 

The 'qualification' to be a professional manager involves laying out some cones, memorising humdrum stock answers and running a training session or two at Largs champ. Entering professional football management with that is the equivalent of passing a driving test and then being asked to take part in the Monaco Grand Prix: the vast majority are going to slam it into the wall at turn 1. 

Anyone with even an ounce of self-esteem should rank themselves as more competent than confirmed chumps like James Grady or Jonatan Johansson, who brought nothing to the role other than their name. 

• Like 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Name three please. 

Directly or indirectly off the top of my head: Alex Williams, Tam O’Ware, Stuart Greacen, Brian Graham, Iain Russell, Chris Templeman, Bobby Linn, Scott Tiffoney, Bobby Barr and Derek Gaston. A few more will come to me if I start trying to think hard about it!

• Downvote 9

5 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Directly or indirectly off the top of my head: Alex Williams, Tam O’Ware, Stuart Greacen, Brian Graham, Iain Russell, Chris Templeman, Bobby Linn, Scott Tiffoney, Bobby Barr and Derek Gaston. A few more will come to me if I start trying to think hard about it!

Any chance you can drive yourself off this board??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I can't wait for the film; DreamOakTree and the Multiverse of Madness.

20 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Of those players only two went on to actually play at a higher level than GMFC, and one of those (Tiffoney) left courtesy of Warren 'Iron Man' Hawke's legendary CEO intervention in getting a completely worthless sell-on clause. 

Swing and a fucking miss then. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

This is absolute rubbish and I know for a fact from talking to one of them that he didn't want to leave at all.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

12 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I'm with DreamOakTree, as a virtual bystander in most posts, IMO there is a significant amount of abuse directed to people connected with the club, which I feel is over the top and unwarranted...at times.

To say some folk on this board have a short fuse, would be an understatement. As soon as things start to look as if they are heading the wrong way, the boo boys take to the keyboard and vent.....and vent.

I myself have been subject to the trolls on the board.....and I have no idea why. Me and the family have a great time laughing about though when it does happen. I can laugh at it, as I have no agenda and have nothing to lose or gain.

That said, I would think it would be the complete opposite for players and staff and I reckon the negative comments on this board and elsewhere must have a detrimental effect, irrespective of who the critism is aimed at.  

Any new player coming to the club, we should be wishing them well, while keeping or fingers crossed that it will all work out over the season. To be on anyone, before a ball has been kicked and being the first to say "ah telt yi, didn't ah" is merely just a self fulfilling prophecy, not helpful to anyone and just a bag o shi*e IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

A few more just sprung to mind: Reghan Tumilty, James McPake, Jamie Stevenson, Jim McAllister, Sean McGinty, Brian McLean and Gary Oliver. Other club’s fans get impatient with a regular underperforming team or players. We’re the only “fans” in Scotland who see fit to barge right in when a youngster’s making his debut, or a new player’s yet to even pull on a pair of boots. Don’t kid yourselves, we’re the worst for that behaviour in the country.

• Downvote 9