Squad for next Season - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

2 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

There's not a chance that will happen. Not only would Livi not allow their young prospect to warm the bench for a season, but it would be an absolute waste of our limited resources. Imrie also wouldn't risk falling out with the staff at Livi given his apparent plans to loan a few of their players. Give me (Sch)wake and a regen to warm the bench. 

Aye, right enough when it's a loan signing, although we did have Ross Doohan on loan for a while without him ever making an appearance...which, admittedly, is not quite a direct comparison.

I've no idea what he's like but again, I think we can trust Dougie's judgement on it. If Hamilton is moving on, I'd imagine we'll get confirmation of that soon now that Schwake is signed up.

I hope we sign Alex Schwilliams next.

AWMSC

Seen someone on twitter saying its pronounced Schwockey. There's absolutely zero chance I'm calling him anything other than Brian Schwake as it's spelt. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Don't know anything about him but happy to give a young guy a chance interesting to see if he can make the step up, seems to be a standout albeit in league 2.

Gutted if Hamilton is indeed away thought he was our best player last season and although he was prone to the odd mistake he won us points on his own. 

Interesting to see who we get in next. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Jai is in training with us as had heard when he was released from QP that he potentially wanted to come back.

Happy enough for Dougie to take a look at him if so. QP fans seemed to say there was still a good player in there but he's too injury prone. 

If he is training and he impresses Dougie I'd be happy enough to give him a mostly incentive based contract. It would be too big a risk to waste a decent chunk of the wage budget on him. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

There's no way this guy's signed to sit on the bench after being in the League Two TOTY. He'll be here because he wants to play and because Livi want him to play. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

I'm assuming we have lost Hamilton, which is a shame, but as far as replacements go, going for a promising youngster who was a standout at a lower level makes a lot of sense.

EOho8Pw.png

18 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Couple of spectacular goals aside, Jai Quitongo is a pretty rotten footballer and a total fanny to boot. I’d hope this isn’t true, we’d be downgrading on an already mediocre option in Ugwu.

Agreed. 

He didn't exactly set league 1 on fire and his injury record is pretty poor.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

There's a chance Imrie could get the best out of Jai.

There's another, much bigger chance that for all his moments of absolute genius, he's just not a 90-minute, 36-game footballer.

It's a no from me.

EOho8Pw.png

21 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

There's a chance Imrie could get the best out of Jai.

There's another, much bigger chance that for all his moments of absolute genius, he's just not a 90-minute, 36-game footballer.

It's a no from me.

We offered a deal to Oliver who showed up four times per season against Dunfermline and a couple of other games if you were lucky. 

It's a no from me unless we worked out some sort of pay as you play scheme to cover injury issues, in which case he could begin as squad cover and try to take his chances. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Didn't realise about Jacobs, but the info about Jai training comes from a good source.

We'll see how it pans out.

Fair enough. Not exactly an unlikely scenario that we would let him in for training.

It's a no from me also although if it's Oliver's place he takes, I would be happier with that than I would have been with Oliver re-signing (as long as we actually do get suitable replacements for Reilly and Ugwu).

12 hours ago, so72 said:

Quitongo has his problems on and off the field. One to be hard avoided.

In terms of off-field problems, does he? There was the domestic abuse case for which he wasn’t convicted but that was a few years ago now. Given that a court ruled him as not guilty (IIRC, I am sure it went to court), it’s difficult for us to hold that against him. It’s quite possible that he’s grown up now.

To be honest, I don’t particularly like the guy, but I only have to watch him play football, not go for a beer with him. My main issues would be that he’s not very good and has knees like glass.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

In terms of off-field problems, does he? There was the domestic abuse case for which he wasn’t convicted but that was a few years ago now. Given that a court ruled him as not guilty (IIRC, I am sure it went to court), it’s difficult for us to hold that against him. It’s quite possible that he’s grown up now.

To be honest, I don’t particularly like the guy, but I only have to watch him play football, not go for a beer with him. My main issues would be that he’s not very good and has knees like glass.

Think it was not proven. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Toby said:

They ruled not proven. There is an incredible amount of extenuating circumstances as to why he got Not Proven. The evidence is pretty damning but his partner went back to him and changed her story. No worse than what we have in our team though which is an argument that could be made. 

Can't write players off forever you are absolutely correct. As you say though, not good enough onthe park regardless of anything else.