Squad for next Season - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Was happy to hear that tonight.

Good luck to Gary but we need better.

There is a plan B should Hamilton move on and GR said something along the lines of we will be happy with that option 

Budget was confirmed as being same as last year and Dougie is relatively happy with it 

Sad to see Gozie go as I really liked him as a player and think he will be missed but his goal return wasn't brilliant so not the end of the world. The rest I'm not fused about McLean was solid enough but past it, Ledger, Russell and Oliver were all okay squad players but that's it. 

I really hope we keep Hamilton and Strapp but as time goes on it seems more and more unlikely which is a shame as they were our 2 best players last season and would be sorely missed. 

Heard we might be in for Josh Rae ex QOTS if Hamilton does leave. 

Edited by RossMcC1874

11 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Sad to see Gozie go as I really liked him as a player and think he will be missed but his goal return wasn't brilliant so not the end of the world. The rest I'm not fused about McLean was solid enough but past it, Ledger, Russell and Oliver were all okay squad players but that's it. 

I really hope we keep Hamilton and Strapp but as time goes on it seems more and more unlikely which is a shame as they were our 2 best players last season and would be sorely missed. 

Rae is in a similar situation to Strapp that we'd need to pay compensation would we not? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

31 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Is that guy who was time wasting against us from early in the game? Hopefully not.

17 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

No he’s a free agent

Queen of the South offered him a contract though and he's under the age threshold for compensation. 

Didn't realise he has only been at them for a year though, so not sure how that effects it. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

30 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Rae is in a similar situation to Strapp that we'd need to pay compensation would we not? 

18 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

No he’s a free agent

He has announced he is leaving them, but that doesn't mean compensation isn't due if QOS ticked all the boxes and registered a contract offer.

He had only been there a year, so the compensation to QOS is unlikely to be prohibitive. Not sure how solidarity payments to his other clubs work in a case like this though.

Carlisle rumoured to be a possible destination for him.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

He has announced he is leaving them, but that doesn't mean compensation isn't due if QOS ticked all the boxes and registered a contract offer.

He had only been there a year, so the compensation to QOS is unlikely to be prohibitive. Not sure how solidarity payments to his other clubs work in a case like this though.

Carlisle rumoured to be a possible destination for him.

Solidarity payments pertain to percentages of transfer income payable. What is relevant here is rather training compensation. Training compensation is payable to clubs at which a player trained between the ages of 12 and present day, until his 23rd birthday. These things can be negotiated, of course.

EOho8Pw.png

18 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Solidarity payments pertain to percentages of transfer income payable. What is relevant here is rather training compensation. Training compensation is payable to clubs at which a player trained between the ages of 12 and present day, until his 23rd birthday. These things can be negotiated, of course.

Aye, wrong terminology. Was differentiating between most recent club and the ones before.

In terms of training compensation (unlike solidarity payments) it's ONLY paid to the former club, not the clubs that came before.

It's due to be paid if a transfer is made before their 23rd birthday, but the amount only covers their 'training years' which is up to their 21st birthday.

Rae was at QOS for 4 months until his 21st Birthday so the compensation in this case would be entirely negligible.

For Strapp, we'll be due compensation covering all his years from 12-21.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye, wrong terminology. Was differentiating between most recent club and the ones before.

In terms of training compensation (unlike solidarity payments) it's ONLY paid to the former club, not the clubs that came before.

It's due to be paid if a transfer is made before their 23rd birthday, but the amount only covers their 'training years' which is up to their 21st birthday.

Rae was at QOS for 4 months until his 21st Birthday so the compensation in this case would be entirely negligible.

For Strapp, we'll be due compensation covering all his years from 12-21.

On the bold point - yes and no. If a player is trained at a French youth club and then signs a professional contract in Germany, and then makes a free transfer to a club in Spain, the Spanish club must pay both the French youth club and the German pro club (pro-rated for the years of 12-x.) FIFA's training compensation is, of course, applicable only to international transfers.

For transfers within Scotland, the SFA will adjudicate.

EOho8Pw.png

12 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

On the bold point - yes and no. If a player is trained at a French youth club and then signs a professional contract in Germany, and then makes a free transfer to a club in Spain, the Spanish club must pay both the French youth club and the German pro club (pro-rated for the years of 12-x.) FIFA's training compensation is, of course, applicable only to international transfers.

For transfers within Scotland, the SFA will adjudicate.

Does the Fifa rule not only give compensation to each club, in each country, up until the player signs his FIRST professional contract, with all subsequent moves only paying the former club?

Screenshot_20220608-172426_Samsung Notes.jpg

Much as I admired his close control, I’m relieved Gary Oliver’s away as we just couldn’t get any effectiveness from him, yet frustratingly always tried to shoehorn him into taking some part in each game. Also, ignoring the comments of the Siamese posters, Gozie’s departure could mean that Dougie intends to introduce a more creative brand of football.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Gozie’s departure could mean that Dougie intends to introduce a more creative brand of football.

Seeing as it was Gozie's choice to leave, it seems unlikely it had anything to do with Dougie's intentions.

Disappointed that gozie is away however not a disaster. I trust Dougie's ability to bring in a suitable replacement.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

He was offered a contract we he not, in which case Sir Douglas obviously wanted him to stay.

If it even got to the contract stage. He was said to be 'in discussions' which would have largely involved Dougie asking what his plans for next season were because he wanted him to stay and Gozie replying that his Mrs is up the duff and he's heading back down south.

Not sure why that took until now.