Squad for next Season - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

4 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Can’t help wondering if Wilson and Reilly are hoping they’ll benefit from QOS playing the ball on the deck more than Morton.

That's because you're a complete wazzock, in fairness.

• Like 2

EOho8Pw.png

13 hours ago, so72 said:

Two players with previous at QotS, one from Dumfries and the other from Ayrshire, I think that is the biggest draw alongside probably being their highest paid players - certainly Reilly anyway. 

This is what I’m thinking too which is unfortunate as I’d have like both of them to stay. Seems like QOS might be throwing silly money at a squad they hope will get them straight back up in one of the potentially toughest League 1s in a long time!  Can you imagine the laughs if they, Dunfermline and Falkirk failed to come back up?!  

here today, gone to hell

10 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

This is what I’m thinking too which is unfortunate as I’d have like both of them to stay. Seems like QOS might be throwing silly money at a squad they hope will get them straight back up in one of the potentially toughest League 1s in a long time!  Can you imagine the laughs if they, Dunfermline and Falkirk failed to come back up?!  

That could potentially happen with Kelty Hearts in the league it they put money towards .

Big B

13 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

I don't think signing Reilly & Wilson is likely to involve throwing silly money at them.  Both of them have played with Queens before.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I see Hearts, Raith and Alloa all announcing pre-season friendlies today.

Maybe I’m being harsh, but with the first competitive game just over 4 weeks away now, would it be too much to ask that Morton break the habit of a generation and actually give us some relatively decent notice of their friendly plans?

Dumbarton announced their tour of northern English bin towns a few weeks ago. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Dumbarton announced their tour of northern English bin towns a few weeks ago. 

Bloody hell. I hope they've got plenty of diesel for the coach - that's a big long list.

Tow Law was a particular favourite northern English bin town. 1-1 draw against a team from about the 13th tier of English football in the pissing rain in July 2009 on a pitch that made Firhill look like a bowling green and in a town that made Alloa look like Las Vegas.

God, I pine for a game like that again.

• Upvote 1

Over the course of his time with us McLean's been a solid player despite a very poor first season, but that's definitely good news. There's too much to be done to the squad to retain a fourth choice centre back who's 37, spent a long time out injured last season and can't cover any other positions. Even if Strapp stays we still need left back cover; use McLean's wage on someone who can cover both centre back and left back and it allows that money to be put to greater use elsewhere in the squad.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

37 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Over the course of his time with us McLean's been a solid player despite a very poor first season, but that's definitely good news. There's too much to be done to the squad to retain a fourth choice centre back who's 37, spent a long time out injured last season and can't cover any other positions. Even if Strapp stays we still need left back cover; use McLean's wage on someone who can cover both centre back and left back and it allows that money to be put to greater use elsewhere in the squad.

Aye, I think he's contributed more than people give him credit for. I might be wrong but would guess our form has been better when he's in the team - seems to be a good influence and organiser even if he's not the player he was. 

Wasn't dead against him staying but with the signings we've already made, it would be a bit of a waste of a wage. 

Mclean scored the winner against Partick in a live TV game where we came from 2-0 down to nick the three points.  That accords him a Blue Peter badge and the grateful thanks of the Cowshed on his departure.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

21 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Mclean scored the winner against Partick in a live TV game where we came from 2-0 down to nick the three points.  That accords him a Blue Peter badge and the grateful thanks of the Cowshed on his departure.

One of the few times we actually scored from Strapp sending in a million long throws.

41 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Oliver's contract withdrawn apparently.

That would be good news. Good luck to Gary if he moves on, don't think we had the space for him anymore.