Squad for next Season - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Taylor's got two years left on his deal at Accies. They're paying him off, paying us a full year's compo (I can't imagine we'd let Imrie go for anything less), and still keeping enough for the next member of the Nigerian royalty to phone them up?

Don't see it happening.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

George Caplin

Posted just now

Dougie Imrie will leave Morton this week to take over at Hamilton,  Watch this space

Posted on pie and bovril. I hope this is just a rehash of an old rumour.

Such a credible source, that's it then. Definitely happening. Ripping up my Imrie posters as we speak...

Rumours are intensifying that Taylor is being emptied (fallout due to budgets). That definitely seems the right conditions for Imrie to step in then...

Edited by Jamie_M

37 minutes ago, MarTon80 said:

This is starting to get on my tits. Some fucking random make a stupid statement and all of a sudden it's fact. Fuck off. If Imrie leaves to go to Hamilton then so be it but until such times as he, or the club confirm it, can we please treat it as the pish it is. 

I see on Twitter the Morton fan's page demanding clarification on the rumours.  Get fucked. If we're now insisting that every piece of shit rumour is addressed by the club we're going to need a full time shite shoveller. 

No rumours ever emerged that Gus McPherson was going to take over at Tinpot FC or Arse Biscuit United because he was a complete fucking charlatan.

Dougie has done a good job but we finished below Hamilton so why on earth would they pay their manager 2 years compensation plus whatever Morton were entitled to? 

DiscreteDeepArabianhorse-small.gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I realise it's an enormous jump in levels but there's a young boy at Largs Thistle just now called William Sewell who's just banged in 41 goals this season.  He's a very composed finisher with pace to burn.  I'd suggest he's more worthy of a look than retaining the likes of Ecky Easdale.  Apparently a few senior clubs sniffing about already.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

I realise it's an enormous jump in levels but there's a young boy at Largs Thistle just now called William Sewell who's just banged in 41 goals this season.  He's a very composed finisher with pace to burn.  I'd suggest he's more worthy of a look than retaining the likes of Ecky Easdale.  Apparently a few senior clubs sniffing about already.

I doubt he'll be at Thistle for much longer with that kind of return. Someone will take a punt on him and given he's getting real game time {albeit in the Juniors) he's probably on a level with some of our youngsters.

17 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

I doubt he'll be at Thistle for much longer with that kind of return. Someone will take a punt on him and given he's getting real game time {albeit in the Juniors) he's probably on a level with some of our youngsters.

The West Junior league no longer exists; Largs are in the WoS Premier, i.e. tier 6, one below the Lowland League.

According to this his 41 goals have come in 40 appearances:

William Sewell Match List (1st Team) - Largs Thistle Football Club

It seems he was a squad player until around October. He's scored in every game he's played since a Junior Cup game against Cumnock on October 23rd.

Now granted, a lot of these goals are against absolute muck like Beith and "Bonnyton Thistle", and he's not an unknown teenager (he is in his early twenties.) But none other than Dougie Imrie himself came to senior football at a relatively late age, joining Clyde from Lanark United at 23. So why not have a look?

The odds are very slim that he's going to be good enough for Championship football. Guys like Adam Forde, who are absolute stars at that level, weren't good enough for Stranraer. But nonetheless it would cost us very little to offer him a trial. He could be the one in a thousand.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

I wonder if we are offering multi year deals on lower wages to make the most out of the yearly playing budget. Otherwise 2 year deal for someone like Baird seems a bit of a risk. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif