Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (29th April) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (29th April)

Admin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver not even playing in this side surely confirms that he's out the door. Punted back to Queen of the South IMO.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

King looks tidy and pretty decent considering how young he is hopefully a few more chances next season for him. 

What is King's position supposed to be though? He was played as a left back/wing back under that tit McPherson; his appearances since have been 'assorted left side option'.

He hasn't looked too far out of place, but a spell on loan to a seaside league team might pin down those details. It worked very well for Strapp at Elgin and Annan. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Aye, he should apply for his PSV licence now

Eredivisie probably a step too far for him at this stage. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The one positive was the decision not to waste half a day drifting up to Arbroath. Most of the starting 11 are doing a fine job is putting themselves forward to be released. Easdale is in a league of his own though - he would struggle to get a game in most Sunday League teams. If he was picked on my 5:aside team I would be gutted 

Just now, ChampTon said:

If the earlier fall out with the board was true, which I highly doubt now, I would not be surprised if it has something to do with the involvement of Easdale.

My initial impression of the starting eleven was that Dougie was sending an indiscreet message to the board, who would be quite happy to keep the cheap squad fillers. 

Just now, SpoonTon said:

That second goal had been coming for a long time. Our second string are a long, long way behind Arbroath's. 

Aye, for all you can’t read too much into this  as such, it’s still a bit of a reality check regarding the amount of work to be done the summer. It’s not just close to a full starting XI we need assuming there loanees don’t come back and Strapp leaves, we also need squad players too.

Bobby Linn is a smashing player btw, yet another example of Morton’s ability to waste good players over the years but always really liked him and he’s made a cracking career for himself.

AWMSC

4 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

That second goal had been coming for a long time. Our second string are a long, long way behind Arbroath's. 

Which is a damning indictment, seeing as they're a part-time team.

3-0 Arbroath. Done and dusted.

Archived