Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (29th April) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (29th April)

Admin

Would you like to showcase your business to c. 10,000 people in the Inverclyde area_ E-mail TheMortonForum@gmail.com to discuss how we can move your business forward! (1).png

We are currently seeking a title sponsor. Our sponsorship package includes your company logo being included in the header of every page of our website, a radio-style ad on our podcast and a weekly social media post on all three of our platforms, with a following of over 10,000. If you own a local business and wish to establish, maintain or diversify your customer base in the Inverclyde area, contact TheMortonForum@gmail.com!

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. The Clyde Eats app is available to download from Google Play and the App Store now!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slim pickings this year. Choose your favourite Robbie Muirhead goal basically (the one v Raith, the lines are now closed).

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Imrie could go wild with giving youngsters and fringe players a chance aside from the centre backs and go with something like:

Bysouth

Hynes - Ledger - McEntee - Russell

Lyon - Jacobs - King

McGrattan - Easdale - McGregor

In reality I expect we'll see all of that midfield three, McGrattan and Hynes at some point, but perhaps just with lengthy sub appearances rather than starts in some cases.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

What's the reasoning behind the Friday night finish for the league BTW? Must have missed that at the time it was announced. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Don't think a justification was given, but if BBC Scotland want to televise a decider for any section of the league then you need to play them all at the same time, just like last season.

That BBC Scotland have instead chosen a dead rubber to broadcast (unless Kenny Shiels takes over at Partick) is inexplicable.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Don't think a justification was given, but if BBC Scotland want to televise a decider for any section of the league then you need to play them all at the same time, just like last season.

That BBC Scotland have instead chosen a dead rubber to broadcast (unless Kenny Shiels takes over at Partick) is inexplicable.  

The contract dictates that they play two games at each venue, probably so each club misses out on an equal amount (relatively) of gate and streaming money because of TV coverage.

Obviously they have to work out what the most likely outcome is and accommodate everyone accordingly, but it just so happens that the last games of the last two seasons have been shiters.

5 hours ago, Toby said:

The contract dictates that they play two games at each venue, probably so each club misses out on an equal amount (relatively) of gate and streaming money because of TV coverage.

Obviously they have to work out what the most likely outcome is and accommodate everyone accordingly, but it just so happens that the last games of the last two seasons have been shiters.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a get-out clause for the last game, but BBC Scotland didn't bother to apply it.

If Queen of the South had won last week then their game against Dunfermline would have been a genuine decider; without that, I think they just reverted to the default pick. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

10 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Imrie could go wild with giving youngsters and fringe players a chance aside from the centre backs and go with something like:

Bysouth

Hynes - Ledger - McEntee - Russell

Lyon - Jacobs - King

McGrattan - Easdale - McGregor

In reality I expect we'll see all of that midfield three, McGrattan and Hynes at some point, but perhaps just with lengthy sub appearances rather than starts in some cases.

I am Dougie Imrie and you are all welcome for this season and the Celtic game.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Strapp not even on the bench? Easdale starting. Hmmm. Can I get a refund on the cost of the stream? This is pretty much a youth team.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

10 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Strapp not even on the bench? Easdale starting. Hmmm. Can I get a refund on the cost of the stream? This is pretty much a youth team.

I pretty much based my decision to buy the stream on seeing that Easdale was starting. Got to see if he's worth the hype...

Should have scored there but liking the look of King again, and even though he didn’t take the chance there was still a nice wee flash of composure about it.

He looks pretty solid as well, ages evidently developed a lot in every sense over the last few months. Quite looking forward to seeing more of him next season.

AWMSC

Archived